What's new

Show me your desk

Received my desk today - Doepfer built in and adjustable height so it keeps everything ergonomic. Also had a keyboard cover built for the (majority of) times when I'm just using my computer but don't need the MIDI controller. Best investment in my studio I've made.

If you're in LA, PM for details on how to get one yourself.

Attachments

• F04AB9F8-0AB8-4579-8F28-83B5758EF58C.jpeg
    F04AB9F8-0AB8-4579-8F28-83B5758EF58C.jpeg
    630.1 KB · Views: 251
  • 23511049-B0C4-40AF-A160-A684493094BB.jpeg
    23511049-B0C4-40AF-A160-A684493094BB.jpeg
    702.8 KB · Views: 247
Received my desk today - Doepfer built in and adjustable height so it keeps everything ergonomic. Also had a keyboard cover built for the (majority of) times when I'm just using my computer but don't need the MIDI controller. Best investment in my studio I've made.

Absolutely gorgeous desk and wood - Someone built it for you?

Beautiful setup!

Ha! Scroll back up, I JUST added a paragraph talking about that! What timing. ;)
The tiles on the wall made an enormous different overall, but what I added above explains the bass traps which really helped. Also behind me is a large craft table and small bookcase with cloth storage bins, etc. So while it's an 18' room behind, there are tons of objects breaking up standing waves. When sitting at my mix position, it's surprisingly nice now, and believe me it used to be a horror before the room treatment. That is mandatory in a weird space like mine. Oh, and also the extensive Neumann calibration process is a big part of it. Keeps me from having to measure nodes and anti-nodes and manually trying to EQ the space. Sonarworks would be my choice if the Neumanns didn't come with a solution.

This shot shows it a little better... I have the acoustic tiles on the left also. That really helps minimize corner problems:
IMG_3072.jpg

BTW, under the speakers are 4" tall yoga blocks which are dense foam and cost 13 bucks for the pair. I never heard of them, someone suggested that when I was blabbing about having to spend a tom for acoustic risers. I love cheap hacks that work, lol! In fact, the stands are a slanted shelf leg from IKEA and I bought two wood cutting boards from Amazon and screwed them in place. What's nice it the stands have a locking nut so while they are mounted tight to the desk, I can rotate if necessary. Yay IKEA.
I was going to ask about the speaker stands. Those are really cool!

Whoa. That is NICE. Almost wanting to pull down my IKEA Hack photos, lol. Love how the control panel is built right into the wood! The way the desk is built the keybed doesn't look like a keybed stuck in a desk, it looks like a totally custom piano. And then the piece to turn it into a desk when needed to me tops it. The finish is gorgeous. I'm glad I can't afford this desk, so it doesn't hit my non-ending wish list. This year anyway, lol! Definitely like your speaker choice, are those the 120's? And you have the stands I almost bough... er... invested in before I found my six-dollar yoga blogs, which don't look all that great even though they work, lol!

THAT's a desk, congrats!

Whoa. That is NICE. Almost wanting to pull down my IKEA Hack photos, lol. Love how the control panel is built right into the wood! The way the desk is built the keybed doesn't look like a keybed stuck in a desk, it looks like a totally custom piano. And then the piece to turn it into a desk when needed to me tops it. The finish is gorgeous. I'm glad I can't afford this desk, so it doesn't hit my non-ending wish list. This year anyway, lol! Definitely like your speaker choice, are those the 120's? And you have the stands I almost bough... er... invested in before I found my six-dollar yoga blogs, which don't look all that great even though they work, lol!

THAT's a desk, congrats!
Thanks! Yes those are KH120s - I’ve enjoyed them for many years (though may be replaced soon).

Added two Philips Hues for some inspirational mood lighting. It can go from sinister green to whorish red and everything in between!

IMG_4375.jpg

Currently working on a "superhero battle" part for my portfolio, so I went with the old orange+blue you see on every other action movie poster.

Just completed this build. Have been shopping for this design and with a 3 month lead time on most large desks and the high price tag I decided to build it myself.

Todd Boston Desk 1.jpg
Amazing what one can do with a hammer, chisel, handsaw and a bottle of glue! :grin:
Absolutely gorgeous Todd.
IS that pullout holding both your keyboard & mouse and your Playing keyboard?
Do you have to remove the mouse & keyboard and pull the other keyboard out to play it?

More pics Please???

Amazing what one can do with a hammer, chisel, handsaw and a bottle of glue! :grin:
Absolutely gorgeous Todd.
IS that pullout holding both your keyboard & mouse and your Playing keyboard?
Do you have to remove the mouse & keyboard and pull the other keyboard out to play it?

More pics Please???
Hey @alcorey, haha indeed, the chisel is my secret weapon.
Yes the pullout is on sturdy rails and is 20" deep so my 13" Nektar Panorama P4 fits with the mouse and apple keyboard in front. When typing, editing etc its pulled out about 6" just enough to access keyboard mouse etc. When it's time to play just pull it out to access controller.

I will post some more pics...

I was already wondering if it was a coincidence that it matches your floor!

Last edited:
Top Bottom