Show me your d...esk

Discussion in 'GEAR Talk Forum' started by Lupez, May 30, 2018.

1. Fredeke

Fredeke Active Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Belgium
    Looks like my actual desk. Not the mixing one, the administrative one. Damn.

Hans-Peter likes this.
  2. stigc56

stigc56 Active Member

May 14, 2009
    Sorry for the late reply.
    I used a table frame from Fully: Jarvis Frame - Black - Wide - MidRange - Programmable.
    The table was made of wood, what we here in Denmark calls MDF 1800 x 1000 x 28 mm.
    The 2 ball bearing guides was mounted to the frame with 3 bolts on each side.
    Finally the keyboard "drawer" was made of 2 aluminium squares fixed with screws to the bearings. You will also need some kind of stabilisator BETWEEN the 2 squares, on the downside, to keep the keyboard from wobbling when you pull out the drawer. I choose to fix my Yamaha S90es with screws to the two squares. I will supply my drawings in short time.

Carlos Lopez-Real likes this.
  3. stigc56

stigc56 Active Member

May 14, 2009
  4. Carlos Lopez-Real

Carlos Lopez-Real New Member

Oct 3, 2017
    London
    Thank you so much @stigc56 this is really really helpful! It’s fantastic to see the detailed drawings. So your keyboard is only supported underneath at the very edges? I guess it’s a strong keyboard?

I love some of the details, like the rounding table edge to ease the hand - great idea!

5. My desk, I LOVING the output platform. Have the Aeron chair.
    I'm impatiently waiting for my ATC Speakers!!! AHHH!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fredeke, JW, whiskers and 2 others like this.
  6. matthieuL

matthieuL New Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Hello,

A little contribution with my modest studio !

What I appreciate mostly is :
    1/ 2 screens, one being vertical, which is extremely convenient for Cubase (in tracks view, or in the Midi Editor with big Expression Maps and few controller lanes), for music sheets in pdf or in notation editors, and for many other things
    2/ a 2 positions desk :
    - 1 for mainly working with keyboard and mouse, with the ability to test some things on the piano
    [​IMG]
    - and 1 for mainly playing piano, with the ability to do some episodic stuff (read/write mail, load a sheet...) on the PC. I only have to remove a little board (where my wrists usually rest) to be closer to the piano (the PC keyboard is lower than the piano keyboard, so it doesn't bother)
    [​IMG]
    3/ a window (even if it's a bad idea for acoustics) with birds coming to eat :) and a view to the nature, a river, ducks and gooses...

Maybe it will inspire some.

Matthieu

Fredeke, muk, MartinH. and 1 other person like this.
  7. AdamKmusic

AdamKmusic Active Member

Dec 30, 2016
  8. Mystic

Mystic Senior Member

Sep 29, 2013
    God that takes me back. I had a setup very similar in nature in the past. Even added a outdoor patio table at one point. lol

9. muk

muk Senior Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Some very fine workplaces in this thread. Here's mine:

IMG_20190517_181654.jpg

10. whiskers

whiskers Perpetual student

Sep 5, 2018
    US
    Nice, custom desk? What's the chair -- Hermann?

muk likes this.
  11. muk

muk Senior Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Thanks. It's one of @Nick Batzdorf's desks where the desktop slides in and out to expose the keyboard. The chair is a Hermann Miller Aeron I bought on the cheap from an office liquidation.

By the way, that thing in the background with stacks of sheets piled on is my upright Schimmel piano. It's almost as much my workplace as the desk.

Nick Batzdorf, whiskers and Fredeke like this.