What's new

Show me your d...esk

stigc56

This looks fantastic, and it's just the kind of thing I was trying to imagine in my head. I wasn't sure whether it would be possible to have everything connected to the sit-stand desk, so that everything goes up and down together, but it looks like you have achieved that? Are your two secondary computer monitors on arms which are connected to the sit-stand desk? I would love to put together something like this - may I ask for some specs for what you have here? The frame, desk top, any other hardware (how did you put together the drawer system for the keyboard?).
Many thanks @stigc56
Sorry for the late reply.
I used a table frame from Fully: Jarvis Frame - Black - Wide - MidRange - Programmable.
The table was made of wood, what we here in Denmark calls MDF 1800 x 1000 x 28 mm.
The 2 ball bearing guides was mounted to the frame with 3 bolts on each side.
Finally the keyboard "drawer" was made of 2 aluminium squares fixed with screws to the bearings. You will also need some kind of stabilisator BETWEEN the 2 squares, on the downside, to keep the keyboard from wobbling when you pull out the drawer. I choose to fix my Yamaha S90es with screws to the two squares. I will supply my drawings in short time.

matthieuL

Hello,

A little contribution with my modest studio !

What I appreciate mostly is :
1/ 2 screens, one being vertical, which is extremely convenient for Cubase (in tracks view, or in the Midi Editor with big Expression Maps and few controller lanes), for music sheets in pdf or in notation editors, and for many other things
2/ a 2 positions desk :
- 1 for mainly working with keyboard and mouse, with the ability to test some things on the piano

- and 1 for mainly playing piano, with the ability to do some episodic stuff (read/write mail, load a sheet...) on the PC. I only have to remove a little board (where my wrists usually rest) to be closer to the piano (the PC keyboard is lower than the piano keyboard, so it doesn't bother)

3/ a window (even if it's a bad idea for acoustics) with birds coming to eat :) and a view to the nature, a river, ducks and gooses...

Maybe it will inspire some.

Matthieu

muk

Nice, custom desk? What's the chair -- Hermann?
Thanks. It's one of @Nick Batzdorf's desks where the desktop slides in and out to expose the keyboard. The chair is a Hermann Miller Aeron I bought on the cheap from an office liquidation.

By the way, that thing in the background with stacks of sheets piled on is my upright Schimmel piano. It's almost as much my workplace as the desk.

Top Bottom