What's new

Should I get Roula (8dio)? Or Era II Codex? (BS)

Diablo IV

Should I get Roula? (I applied coupon and it applies the 40% discount on 8dio)
Or should I get Era II Codex? (Best Service).

Seems to me that Era II Codex is more versatile? (I know it comes with 4 voices, let's think it's just one),
and I am looking for the best tone (and the less airy) and more real I can get.

I have both. I would go for Era II Codex over Roula.
Found the legatos in Roula to be pretty meh. Comes with some nice phrase samples though.
You also have several voices included in Codex.

Found the legatos in Roula to be pretty meh. Comes with some nice phrase samples though.

Of Studio Voices, only have Laurie. Jenifer is of interest and possibly Roula.
No clue what have been lowest prices for these two libs.

Will appreciate any Replies confirming prices notably lower than current -50% ??

Last edited:

Awesome thanks. Does the Era II Codex have a better tone than Roula? I have been watching both demos and Roula has a great tone I think and expression in her voice, but Era II sounds pretty good too, but since you have both, using them you notice one has a better tone than the other?

I’d go for the Soundiron ones. Voices of Gaia (and Rapture) are exquisite and the new ones, Mimi Page (Light and Shadow) and Adey (Voice of Wind) simply draw me in every time.

It’s truly wonderful indeed. Have been thinking of getting it too, but its BestService Engine is keeping me on the fence. Now if only it would be a Kontakt (Player) library, like they did with Shevannai.

It’s truly wonderful indeed. Have been thinking of getting it too, but its BestService Engine is keeping me on the fence. Now if only it would be a Kontakt (Player) library, like they did with Shevannai.

I feel the same, thanks. But since I really want the best of the best, I think for the time being I will have to cave in ;)

If you have the money, you should consider adding Organic Samples Ethnic Inspiration to ERA Codex.

This, judging from the videos, is a GREAT suggestion, and maybe not as a main voice, but as support for Codex this would be an awesome addition.

It's still very surprising how library companies don't give a better name for their product:
Organic Samples: Ethnic Inspiration doesn't say anything to me.
When I bought Majestic Horn, I perused the site for a vocal library and all I found was Solo Opera,
I skipped Ethnic Inspiration because it doesn't imply a vocal library, lol. And if you read the webpage
you have to go mid page or more to read " singing techniques " to realize it's a vocal library. :P

The actual name of the library is Organic Voices: Ethnic Inspiration.
But I agree, the developer could certainly have found a much better name for this library:whistling:

Yeah, when I am here, first time: https://www.orchestraltools.com/libraries/organic_samples.html
I read Ethnic Inspiration and because I am not looking for Ethnic stuff, I just skip that image right away.

Then let's say I click on the link (picture) and get here https://www.orchestraltools.com/libraries/libraries/ethnic_inspiration.php
you get to read "solo voices" way past half page.

So not very descriptive at all :unsure:

Top Bottom