What's new

Shostakovich - The Gadfly Suite_Mock-Up

3. Folk Feast (National Holiday)
I practice with orchestral libraries.
Composer Dmitry Shostakovich, The Gadfly Film Score 1955.

Cinematic Studio Strings + Cinematic Studio Solo Strings, Soaring Strings only in a couple of places for the division.
Berlin Woodwinds
Berlin Brass
Berlin Percussion
Harp - Symphonic Sphere
Hall Noise - EWQLSO

Last edited:
OP
Vladimir Bulaev
Sorry, I did not show the original for comparison. As a reference, I took as a basis the performance: Ukraine National Symphony Orchestra

Grim_Universe

Pretty balanced sound and good VI programming. You can be proud of the result :) WW runs sound a little unnatural, but I don't think you can make them any better. GJ.

dcoscina

I practice with orchestral libraries.
Composer Dmitry Shostakovich, The Gadfly Film Score 1955.

Cinematic Studio Strings + Cinematic Solo Studio Strings, Soaring Strings only in a couple of places for the division.
Berlin Woodwinds
Berlin Brass
Berlin Percussion
Harp - Symphonic Sphere
Hall Noise - EWQLSO

nice job, coming from an admitted Shostaholic.

OP
Vladimir Bulaev
5. Barrel-Organ Waltz
I continue to master the libraries by studying on the orchestration of Shostakovich.
I'll make a few episodes.

CSS + CSSS
Berlin Woodwinds
Berlin Brass
Berlin Percussion

An example of imitation was the live recording:

Last edited:

JonesyXL

Wow! The waltz and galop are probably the best mock-ups I've heard.

The strings in particular are incredibly well done. What was your approach to combining CSS and CSSS?

ryans

It takes some serious balls to attempt virtual mockups of Shostakovich.. respect..

I don't really have any useful feedback, just, well done!... thanks for sharing...

Ryan :)

OP
Vladimir Bulaev
Thanks! My approach to combining CSS and CSSS is very simple. I use everywhere only the Mix microphone, which by default. The articulation list, dynamic layers and keyswitch layout of the library matches in order to provide a perfect first-chair accompaniment. I make one common MIDI channel and a different audio output, where I control the overall balance.
2018-05-14_11-14-00.jpg

Top Bottom