What's new

Shepard Tone Maker (Free) *Update*

Thank you!

Tried it on Cubase (Mac) but automatically went to unusable plugins folder. A pity! But seems very well done in any case!

For me the VST doesn't show up in Reaper, and the AU loads as a blacked out/unusable plugin. Not sure what I might be doing wrong? It looks great though! I'm excited to use it. Any help would be appreciated.

Hey guys. I've made some changes and put together a simple three-step guide for downloading this effect. Should be a fairly simple and straightforward process, but let me know if there's any problems!

Hey, thanks a lots for your hard work on that, Anders

I just followed your instructions. Windows 7 here. And: It works - great!
Installed all three Csound-Packs. Just one small window popped up "Please install python 2.7 again".
But nevertheless everything functions.

Hey, thanks a lots for your hard work on that, Anders

I just followed your instructions. Windows 7 here. And: It works - great!
Installed all three Csound-Packs. Just one small window popped up "Please install python 2.7 again".
But nevertheless everything functions.
That's good to hear! Not sure why you would get a message about Python though, but if it works, it works :2thumbs:

However you managed to do that - Respect!
Does it use granular parts?
Now I could imagine to use PaulStretch besides...
There's no granular, it actually just loops a 2 second clip (actually, it's four versions of that loop, pitching up/down independently). It has a 0.5 second crossover, which is why on certain sounds you can hear a slight dip when it loops (this is why I recommend using lots of reverb :))

What a lot of fun — it works just fine in Logic Pro. Thanks for the generous gift, Anders.
Thanks! I'm glad to hear you like it. It works surprisingly well with atonal stuff, as well, like cymbals etc. Good for making some pretty creepy risers.

Incredible, thanks a lot for your explanation. And yes, I tried it with a longer, smooth reverb, very good. This is the first time I see the sheperd concept as real effect only, which can be placed on anything (when I did noct miss something). The others were instruments, where the effect was linked to their sound only.

Top Bottom