What's new

Sharmat via satellite

Last week while I was driving and listening to Sirius satellite radio channel 66 “Watercolors” which is a jazz/standard station, my ears were drawn to the next selection that held my interest. I looked at my screen and saw the name “Craig Sharmat” and the name of the piece was “Night Moves.” I made a mental note to find that album and I encourage you to do likewise. Two days later and still keeping that station on, yet another Craig Sharmat recording was played and this time it was “Ease Up.”
Congratulations Craig for earning this playtime and hopefully gaining popularity and sales. The album(s) should be in every EIS students’ collection.

It seems this forum is definitely abandoned :| !!!

No, no, I (as a student of Craig's on a small hiatus) have his CD. It's a GREAT CD. And I'm not just kissing @(#*$#(*&. Philly has long had a strong smooth jazz tradition, and Craig's CD hits the mold perfectly.

My two fave tracks are "Ease In", and "Nite Moves". Get the CD, it's totally excellent! :)

Mike

It seems this forum is definitely abandoned :| !!!

No, no, I (as a student of Craig's on a small hiatus) have his CD. It's a GREAT CD. And I'm not just kissing @(#*$#(*&. Philly has long had a strong smooth jazz tradition, and Craig's CD hits the mold perfectly.

My two fave tracks are "Ease In", and "Nite Moves". Get the CD, it's totally excellent! :)

Mike
If you are taking about Outside In I´ve got the CD and I´ve heard it many times. Yes, it´s great, but I´m talking about the dust in this forum!!!

thanks guys,

I don't know if the forum is dead but in general jazz gets very little play around VI. Way more people here are concerned with "Epic". In fact when i check youtube my jazz stuff gets a fraction of what some of my bootlegged epic music gets, just the way it is.
There is not a single active forum i have found for contemporary/smooth jazz even among fans.

Craig, your music continues to improve - congratulations! Production values, compositions and arrangements are excellent!

Hey Leo, we all obviously have our favorites. Although epic seems fairly unpopular in this particular forum, EIS has never been genre specific (Spud intended it for any style) and I've heard plenty of EIS examples crossing many styles - including epic - so I personally hesitate to dismiss one style over another. Again we can always have our favorites. Just a reminder that we have members here from all walks of life, all types of backgrounds and influences - and I personally don't want to give the impression that EIS is only for a small sprinkling of styles.

Craig, your music continues to improve - congratulations! Production values, compositions and arrangements are excellent!

Hey Leo, we all obviously have our favorites. Although epic seems fairly unpopular in this particular forum, EIS has never been genre specific (Spud intended it for any style) and I've heard plenty of EIS examples crossing many styles - including epic - so I personally hesitate to dismiss one style over another. Again we can always have our favorites. Just a reminder that we have members here from all walks of life, all types of backgrounds and influences - and I personally don't want to give the impression that EIS is only for a small sprinkling of styles.
Since there's good and bad music of all genres we can't say "bad or good styles". But what I'm hearing lately is just a bunch of loud music with no real content that people like to classify as epic. I'm not trying to start anything here, but I think you understand what I mean!!!

I have Craig's CD and I like it a lot. It's had me revisit some CD's from the 80's and 90's that I hadn't listened to in a decade. It's a really fine example of how fun the smooth jazz can be when done well.

Richard

Top Bottom