What's new

Share your free Falcon patches here

It does have a nice ring to it :)
So, you bought Falcon. I'm guess you found a good deal somewhere without any expansion packs or vouchers for expansion packs...

While a @Pier original Falcon expansion pack would be lovely; you could always, just for fun, process some of your Zebra sounds through IRCAM and feed them back into Zebra as samples and sell it as an updated expansion for Zebra. Who needs microphones for samples when you have other synths anyway?

Why am I giving away my business plans...?

So, you bought Falcon. I'm guess you found a good deal somewhere without any expansion packs or vouchers for expansion packs...
Indeed!

I know! We should get Serum, download all the pro packs, sample them, put them in Falcon and sell as a soundbank... Hmm... I can't see any legal issues with this totally legit business plan.
Yes, you'll definitely need to make the initial patches from, well, Init; or whatever Serum has...

Here's a few of mine so far. Can only share ones without samples, as the samples in my patches are from commercial sample packs, so I don't think I can share them in their raw state (not used in a song). Still learning this synth, but it's so flexible and bottomless I'm sure I'll never run out of things to learn.
Impending doom isn't working for me:
1637010870080.png

Ah sorry about that, I shouldn't have included it - didn't think I included any patches that needed samples. Undoubtedly that has a treated commercial sample in that wav file, so I can't supply it for free.
What was the sample? If we have it, we could slot it in. Or a near equivalent.

What's your synth of choice? There are so many terrific synths out there! My focus is on samples, and Falcon is amazing for that.
I'm not very synth knowledgeable. I usually use old analogue style synths like Diva, and I'm considering getting the Repros, but that is mostly because that is all that I understand.

New patch, with samples from a Francis Ford Coppola press conference (a public press conference, hence public domain, I believe). There are four vocal samples, each on a velocity level.

The drums on the demo are from Unruly Drums by Karoryfer.

Attachments

• Coppola We Went Insane Demo.mp3
    2.8 MB
  • Coppola We Went Insane.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
New patch, with samples from a Francis Ford Coppola press conference (a public press conference, hence public domain, I believe). There are four vocal samples, each on a velocity level.
Cool! That quote is so familiar to me, it’s almost weird to hear little snippets of it shine through in that marvelous patch of yours. Back in the day I used to have Psyence Fiktion on endless repeat and the theme song especially. Such an eclectic album… Great one Bee!

I'm not very synth knowledgeable. I usually use old analogue style synths like Diva, and I'm considering getting the Repros, but that is mostly because that is all that I understand.
That's an area I need to work on more. I tried to start learning synthesis just focusing on analogue wave subtractive synthesis, but got distracted by having a synth that could do a lot of other things too. I've still put more work into the sample side of things, but it's not quite there yet.

Diva sounds beautiful. I don't know why it hits my CPU so hard, but it does; but it is worth it. I'd love to get Repro 1 and 5. It has some great sounds and some great commercial presets. (If you were looking to buy it soon, it was on Knobcloud for $105 earlier today.) I also very much want a number of other synths! I should focus on the wonderful things I have already for a bit.

You could spend your whole life making sounds on an analogue emulation, or just playing presets for that matter, and never get bored. I think those kinds of sounds have the most general and appeal and almost a deeper feel to them - something a little primal.

Cool! That quote is so familiar to me, it’s almost weird to hear little snippets of it shine through in that marvelous patch of yours. Back in the day I used to have Psyence Fiktion on endless repeat and the theme song especially. Such an eclectic album… Great one Bee!
Thank you! Your 'back in the day' is much cooler than mine was! And we are around the same age.

Well I don’t know about that. But just listen to this track. It has Shadow’s signature sound all over it. That beat is gorgeous. Love them breaks. And the vocals.

Well I don’t know about that. But just listen to this track. It has Shadow’s signature sound all over it. That beat is gorgeous. Love them breaks. And the vocals.

That's a doozy of a drum beat. Have you listened to War Paint at all? I think you might like their drummer.

And yes, the breaks are terrific. Breaks aren't a musical device I'm that familiar with. Which is nice, because then I enjoy them more when I hear them.

Last edited:
That's an area I need to work on more. I tried to start learning synthesis just focusing on analogue wave subtractive synthesis, but got distracted by having a synth that could do a lot of other things too. I've still put more work into the sample side of things, but it's not quite there yet.

Diva sounds beautiful. I don't know why it hits my CPU so hard, but it does; but it is worth it. I'd love to get Repro 1 and 5. It has some great sounds and some great commercial presets. (If you were looking to buy it soon, it was on Knobcloud for $105 earlier today.) I also very much want a number of other synths! I should focus on the wonderful things I have already for a bit.

You could spend your whole life making sounds on an analogue emulation, or just playing presets for that matter, and never get bored. I think those kinds of sounds have the most general and appeal and almost a deeper feel to them - something a little primal.
Well, in my case, there is also a great degree of ignorance that pushes me to use analogue-style synths. I guess in my mind that is what a synth sounds like. But then, I find threads like this that showcase amazing sounds that I didn't think were even possible.

So, instead of staying in my comfort zone and getting the Repros, I should probably be brave and study other types of synths.

Well, in my case, there is also a great degree of ignorance that pushes me to use analogue-style synths. I guess in my mind that is what a synth sounds like. But then, I find threads like this that showcase amazing sounds that I didn't think were even possible.

So, instead of staying in my comfort zone and getting the Repros, I should probably be brave and study other types of synths.
Sounds like an excellent idea!

There are a few good sales on at the moment, but the thing to do - for those that offer it - is to demo a few different kinds and see what captures your imagination.

Top Bottom