What's new

SENFINE by Wavelet Audio - Cinematic & Atmospheric

Is it possible to record and automate the xy-pad macro in the athmosphere designer too ? Cant get this to work, I can record movement but it just wont move. The athmo x-y works well and moves so I thought the xy-movement might be deactivated in the athmo designer ?

Is it possible to record and automate the xy-pad macro in the athmosphere designer too ? Cant get this to work, I can record movement but it just wont move. The athmo x-y works well and moves so I thought the xy-movement might be deactivated in the athmo designer ?

Sorry. I'm afraid I did not completely understand what you mean. Can you describe it with more details or maybe record a video with the demonstration of your problem? Thanks!

Last edited:
are patches organized in the file menu in Kontakt or is there another way?

Again, I'm afraid I did not fully understand the question.

Do you mean Files tab in the upper left corner? If yes then there is another way - quick load function. Moreover, I personally recommend yo use quick load function. It comes in handy very often. It's very useful, allows you to organize all Kontakt libs in your own way. It's not possible to work with the libraries tab because our product is a third-party library. It is not Kontakt Player licensed, it will not have serial numbers, and in that case, you do not need to go to Add Library on Libraries tab, at all. Or use Native Access.

LibrariesTab.png

Sorry. I'm afraid I did not completely understand what you mean. Can you describe it with more details or maybe record a video with the demonstration of your problem? Thanks!
1. I load an instrument, activate the athmosphere designer, record the movement of the xy-pad in the athmosphere designer
Result: the cross in the xy-pad moves automatically as I have recorded it
2. Then I do exactly the same in the macro xy-pad
Result: nothing moves

So I am not sure if I just do something wrong or miss something or if it is just not possible to automate the movement in the macro xy-pad when I have turned the atmosphere designer on.

What I might have to admit: both crosses in the two xy-pads look different: in the atmo pad it looks like a big "X" with ">" arrows on each site, in the macro xy-pad it looks like a big "+" in the middle with green "/" on each site, so maybe the movement is just deactivated somewhere or whatever.

1. I load an instrument, activate the athmosphere designer, record the movement of the xy-pad in the athmosphere designer
Result: the cross in the xy-pad moves automatically as I have recorded it
2. Then I do exactly the same in the macro xy-pad
Result: nothing moves

Ah, I got it.

Yes, LFO and Macro automations do not work with activated atmosphere designer.

Just realized that this nice Athmosphere Kontakt library from years ago was develloped from you too and wonder if that wont make a nice expansion for senfine if the sounds could be ported to your new much more ambitious engine ?

Just realized that this nice Athmosphere Kontakt library from years ago was develloped from you too and wonder if that wont make a nice expansion for senfine if the sounds could be ported to your new much more ambitious engine ?

I'm afraid it will confuse old and new customers if I just repack the old library as new Senfine expansion. And as such, it is better to look to the future than to live in the days of yore.

Moreover, I was thinking about giving the Atmosphere library as a gift for everyone who ordered Senfine at the intro price. But I was not sure if anyone would be interested in this old library.

This is a great idea (Even if I already had paid for it :) ! I think the sounds still could give a nice athmosphere/soundscape/background addon for the Senfine lib, for example if you dont want to spent time on the athmospere designer but just load one of the existing sounds from athmosphere. And the photosynthesis engine is not THAT bad engine :). Of course I see the great strength of Senfine is that you dont need anything else really to produce a complete ambient song....

Yesterday, I was thinking about my first Atmosphere library. Thank you @KarlHeinz for reminding me of it. I decided to offer a free copy of it to everyone who ordered Senfine before 17th March from our website as a present :)

From the moment, bonus content will be sent to all customers automatically. For those who have already bought Senfine, I'll send you a bonus library asap.

Andrew Skipper released a couple of videos featuring Senfine:

Hey guys.

Since this is our first public release we would be happy to know what you like in Senfine and what not. Second is more important because it will help us to improve our instruments in the future.

About 24 hours left to order Senfine with intro price.

What I really like are the absolute great sounds and the ability to really use this as THE one workstation for (nearly) completely sketching an ambient song.

What makes it a little difficult for me (as the lazy ass I am....) is to find my way threw the engine that offers so many great sculpting options. The video about the athmosphere designer has helped a lot but I still feal I am not even touching the surface.

I have thought a lot in the last few hours while using the library actually on a song sketch how to put what might be better (for a lazy ass....) into something concrete constructive critic. What makes it hard (apart from the sounds) that evrything really LOOKS great.....But I still think the most potential of improving lies in bringing the inside of the library more obvious to the GUI and make it hit the eye. Hope you get a glimpse of what I mean.

One example: while the central macro and the animated background looks absolutely great the really IMPORTANT buttons to change something in the sounds like the atmo, lfo, fx, nearly EVRY other button, is really small and - for me - in no real context/structure. I dont know if the usual extra windows for fx, lfo.... is a solution cause I really love to have it all on one window. But maybe more structured (while looking for good bass examples I just stumbled over the actual output deal from NI and one of the libs I ever had my eyes on for bass - substance - and the general concept from output may be exactly the perfect example for this) and clear. Or IF there is a clear structure I might not have get so far maybe explain better WHY it is at it is.

Only one other point to mention which is just a request to "showcase" whats in this: it REALLY cries for some multis in my opinion ! The sounds working so perfectly together so why dont SHOW it ?

I have to add a conclusion: in this flood of kontakt libraries floating round tagged with "trailer", "soundscape", "ambient", "pad" and whatever this IS really something special and unique. I really would love to see this grow :2thumbs:

$139. now and no chance. Frustrating, as decent potential.

Trust much of what @ KarlHeinz has posted. Too much unresolved to add at this cost.

I have to add a conclusion: in this flood of kontakt libraries floating round tagged with "trailer", "soundscape", "ambient", "pad" and whatever this IS really something special and unique. I really would love to see this grow :2thumbs:

Thanks so much for your review. A lot of useful information for us here.

Love the sound, disappointed to be late to the intro party. :(

It was on intro sale for more than two weeks. We have been trying to let everyone know about our newbie company as much as possible :(

Best wishes for your success!

Oh, thank you so much!

Top Bottom