What's new

Selling Own Music

Vasim

Hi All

Would like to ask, if the music is good with decent traffic, is it possible to make a little bit of side income.

I'm not well known or anything like that, but do know the music speaks for it's self in a humble way.

The music is aimed at media creators.

I'm signed to a library pub.

It really is a about side income.

Source Audio is my usage site.

Thank You
Vasim

Last edited:
If your music is signed to a library publisher, you need to check your contract to see whether or not you are allowed to "sell" your music.

Hi Daryl

The tracks are not signed to the publisher. Still curious to know if the concept is worth it. Does it work for composer. Do you have to be well known. Is traffic to the site more important.

Hi Daryl

The tracks are not signed to the publisher. Still curious to know if the concept is worth it. Does it work for composer. Do you have to be well known. Is traffic to the site more important.
Ah, I got confused because you said that you were signed to a publisher. So these tracks have nothing to do with that publisher then?

Either way, the answer is that in all probability you will make very little. It's all about marketing, and that takes time, money, or both.

In my experience revenue has no relation to traffic. You can earn a lot with one track placed well with a good publisher that no one on its own would ever listen to. Or you can have over a million plays on Youtube or wherever and make peanuts from it.

Ah, I got confused because you said that you were signed to a publisher. So these tracks have nothing to do with that publisher then?

Either way, the answer is that in all probability you will make very little. It's all about marketing, and that takes time, money, or both.

No these tracks have not been signed to any publisher.
In my experience revenue has no relation to traffic. You can earn a lot with one track placed well with a good publisher that no one on its own would ever listen to. Or you can have over a million plays on Youtube or wherever and make peanuts from it.
Can you give me a bit more insight into a well placed track. What are these the placements. Does the track have to be placed lots of time like background ones. Is it what most composer are hoping for. Are they TV Promos, Themes, Reality TV etc

I'm new to this side of the music industry, and have only signed my first contract six months ago so still learning every day.

Top Bottom