What's new

Seems like snake oil... but damn it's effective - Sonible EQ+ on 79% discount

Any frei:raum users also purchase this? I really want the live EQ, but it seems silly, even at the deal price, to pay for such a similar plugin as frei:raum. I really dont understand Sonible taking a single idea and turning it into so many different plugins. They should at least have some sort of crossgrade from frei:raum, which seems to be the "flagship" product. Very unsure about this company and if they are worth supporting...
I feel the same about it. Glad to see I'm not alone. I love Frei:raum BTW! Such a great tool.

To me it seems to work like an inverted spectrum analyzer... it draws a graphic profile of the incoming material, and inverts it. A mirror image around a horizontal axis. So it basically compensates for every frequencies that pass through it. Thinking out loud...

Last edited:
I second grizzlymv and I deleted my (same) post a while ago since I did not want to seem greedy. But good to know that others do feel the same about the subject. A 30$ upgrade fee for frei:raum users would be okay for the same product with slightly different features...

And perhaps vice versa, so if you own some of the other plugins - eg. Smart EQ+, Proximity etc - it would be nice to be able to update/converge into frei:raum.

Having trouble installing in Studio One 3 (Win pro). S1 keeps telling me that sonible eq cannot be used because it caused a crash...

Having trouble installing in Studio One 3 (Win pro). S1 keeps telling me that sonible eq cannot be used because it caused a crash...
Sometimes hosts have problems registering plugins that open a blocking window (in this case the registration form).
Try to open the plugin in an other host (other DAW, VSL Ensamble Pro, or VSTHost from Herman Seib).
After you enter the key it should work with Studio One.

Sometimes hosts have problems registering plugins that open a blocking window (in this case the registration form).
Try to open the plugin in an other host (other DAW, VSL Ensamble Pro, or VSTHost from Herman Seib).
After you enter the key it should work with Studio One.
thanky ou. Activated it in VSTHost. Still same message when loading studio one ....

And perhaps vice versa, so if you own some of the other plugins - eg. Smart EQ+, Proximity etc - it would be nice to be able to update/converge into frei:raum.
I'd like to see that kind of upgrade path too... although I guess it would be hard for Sonible to justify going lower than the current massive bundle discount.

I have had success with emailing companies in the past for an individual price on an upgrade. Decent companies will often be happy to sort something out on a one-off basis. Worth an email for sure.

Well, I bought it just under the wire. It will be interesting to see how this compares with my usual stab-in-the-dark approach to EQing.

Comparison notes:
“Frei:raum EQ has 7 bands : Smart EQ+ has 8 bands.
Frei:raum EQ has no EQ smoothing : Smart EQ+ includes smoothing.
Frei:raum EQ has no speech mode : Smart EQ+ includes speech mode.
Frei:raum EQ analyses only 10 seconds of audio : Smart EQ Live can analyse and adjust continuously.
Frei:raum EQ has latency : Smart EQ Live is latency free.
Frei:raum EQ has no instrument profiles : Smart EQ Live includes instrument profiles.”

Comparison notes:
“Frei:raum EQ has 7 bands : Smart EQ+ has 8 bands.
Frei:raum EQ has no EQ smoothing : Smart EQ+ includes smoothing.
Frei:raum EQ has no speech mode : Smart EQ+ includes speech mode.
Frei:raum EQ analyses only 10 seconds of audio : Smart EQ Live can analyse and adjust continuously.
Frei:raum EQ has latency : Smart EQ Live is latency free.
Frei:raum EQ has no instrument profiles : Smart EQ Live includes instrument profiles.”
Has anybody found the analogous comparisons between Frei:raum and Entropy:EQ, and between Frei:raum and Proximity:EQ? Thanks in advance!

These EQ plugins seems too good to be true so I ended up answering a billion questions about them last time I produced a video for Sonible. But it's all true - they really are astoundingly good at what they do... and now there's a massive deal too!

The Sonible EQ+ smart bundle is currently 79% off for a limited time. Fix frequency problems you didn't even know existed - completely automatically - magical stuff! This is the full EQ version of Sonible's frei:raum which sold like hot cakes a few months ago and the bundle also includes Smart EQ Live - which has zero latency performance for fixing live sound.

These are just incredible plugins that once you have them, you'll wonder how you lived without them. Can't recommend highly enough. Like last time, shoot me any questions you might have and I'll try to help.

79% off : NOW $74.99 ($349 value)

FULL DETAILS HERE

Also... I put together a video for the deal to give an idea of some of the uses...

To my mind, this should be the regular price...

Top Bottom