What's new

Seems like snake oil... but damn it's effective - Sonible EQ+ on 79% discount

reutunes

These EQ plugins seems too good to be true so I ended up answering a billion questions about them last time I produced a video for Sonible. But it's all true - they really are astoundingly good at what they do... and now there's a massive deal too!

The Sonible EQ+ smart bundle is currently 79% off for a limited time. Fix frequency problems you didn't even know existed - completely automatically - magical stuff! This is the full EQ version of Sonible's frei:raum which sold like hot cakes a few months ago and the bundle also includes Smart EQ Live - which has zero latency performance for fixing live sound.

These are just incredible plugins that once you have them, you'll wonder how you lived without them. Can't recommend highly enough. Like last time, shoot me any questions you might have and I'll try to help.

79% off : NOW $74.99 ($349 value)

FULL DETAILS HERE

Also... I put together a video for the deal to give an idea of some of the uses...

Last edited:

Sid Francis

It IS snake oil ...but the brand that keeps its promises!! I bought it and it always solves my "how the f..k get it right?" problems. One drawback: It eats CPU in spades and in a full orchestral arrangement I can only risk to add one or two of them until my I72600 gasps for air.

Edit: Just to clarify: I am using Frei:raum which seems more demanding than the single EQ (though I do not use the other 2 modules)

Last edited:
OP
reutunes

reutunes

It IS snake oil ...but the brand that keeps its promises!! I bought it and it always solves my "how the f..k get it right?" problems. One drawback: It eats CPU in spades and in a full orchestral arrangement I can only risk to add one or two of them until my I72600 gasps for air.
I'll have to check out the CPU on my system. When I was doing the examples for the video I didn't find it horrendous. Gonna do some testing now.

kgdrum

i see Smart EQ & Smart EQ Live being offered but nothing about Sonible's frei:raum which is listed on Sonibles site as a different product.
Some clarification please?
Thanks

DivingInSpace

i see Smart EQ & Smart EQ Live being offered but nothing about Sonible's frei:raum which is listed on Sonibles site as a different product.
Some clarification please?
Thanks
frei:raum just isn't part of the bundle that is currently on sale at AudioPluginDeals.

kgdrum

frei:raum just isn't part of the bundle that is currently on sale at AudioPluginDeals.

I see that, what is confusing me is what reutunes said in the op: "This is the full EQ version of Sonible's frei:raum which sold like hot cakes a few months ago"

DivingInSpace

I see that, what is confusing me is what reutunes said in the op: "This is the full EQ version of Sonible's frei:raum which sold like hot cakes a few months ago"
frei:raum is limited compared to these. Where frei:raum can only analyse 10 seconds of a track (as far as i've understood) the Live version analyses everything on the go. The EQ, i don't really know about to be honest.

OP
reutunes

reutunes

Frei:raum EQ has 7 bands : Smart EQ+ has 8 bands
Frei:raum EQ has no EQ smoothing : Smart EQ+ includes smoothing
Frei:raum EQ has no speech mode : Smart EQ+ includes speech mode
Frei:raum EQ analyses only 10 seconds of audio : Smart EQ Live can analyse and adjust continuously
Frei:raum EQ has latency : Smart EQ Live is latency free
Frei:raum EQ has no instrument profiles : Smart EQ Live includes instrument profiles

kgdrum

Frei:raum EQ analyses only 10 seconds of audio : Smart EQ Live can analyse and adjust continuously
Frei:raum EQ has no instrument profiles : Smart EQ Live includes instrument profiles

OK thanks for the explanation.
Do you happen to know if Smart EQ and SEQ Live are more demanding of cpu than Frei :raum?
Thanks

Ben

VSL Support
Do you happen to know if Smart EQ and SEQ Live are more demanding of cpu than Frei :raum?
Thanks
I just downloaded the 30 days trial and tested it (I did not test Frei:raum).
With 9 instances of Smart EQ Live and 5 instances of Smart EQ I could measure around 15-20% more VST load and ~5% CPU load (after the learning phase). During learning the load is a little more demanding I think.
CPU: i5 8600k, Interface RME UFX II

Grizzlymv

This is a little confusing. For someone who already have Frei:raum and have zero interrest in the EQ Live, not sure what the EQ+ smart will bring to the table, beside the speech mode and an extra band. Would definitely be nice to have, but not sure the price jump is worth it. Also Frei:raum seems to cover ground covered by EQ+ Proximity and EQ+Entropy, which are not part of this bundle if I understood it correctly.

Grizzlymv

I just downloaded the 30 days trial and tested it (I did not test Frei:raum).
With 9 instances of Smart EQ Live and 5 instances of Smart EQ I could measure around 15-20% more VST load and ~5% CPU load (after the learning phase). During learning the load is a little more demanding I think.
CPU: i5 8600k, Interface RME UFX II
I'd have to test the same to compare with Frei:raum. that's my main grip with Frei:raum. it's so taxing on resources that it restrain me in its usage. I basically use only 1 instance on my master bus. but more than that would not work with a full orchestral template open. Especially during the learning phase.

Ben

VSL Support
but more than that would not work with a full orchestral template open. Especially during the learning phase.
I used 8 audio tracks + fx and 19 VSL instruments; every track goes into MIR Pro. CPU load: 40-50%

The vocal preset in Smart EQ Live creates almost the same curve as one smart eq band in EQ+ in speech mode. So it seems the main advantage of Smart EQ Live is zero latency.

Fleer

Feeding the Trolls
Above all, this one does live and adds the voice band. No latency and little cpu. Sweet.

OP
reutunes

reutunes

Thanks
I just ran a little test and for me Smart EQ+ actually seems to be less demanding on CPU than Frei:raum. Maybe that's because it's not doing any of the proximity / entropy stuff. I will echo what others say in that the 10 second learning phase can be more intensive. Smart EQ Live seems to be a tiny more intensive than Smart EQ+ but not much. Testing these on an iMac i7. Does that help anyone?

Thanks for the details. Seems like really great plugins.

kgdrum

I just ran a little test and for me Smart EQ+ actually seems to be less demanding on CPU than Frei:raum. Maybe that's because it's not doing any of the proximity / entropy stuff. I will echo what others say in that the 10 second learning phase can be more intensive. Smart EQ Live seems to be a tiny more intensive than Smart EQ+ but not much. Testing these on an iMac i7. Does that help anyone?

Thanks to all for checking ;)

Last edited:

Grizzlymv

Thanks for checking. Have you noticed a snignificant drop in CPU usage with EQ+ or we are talking about a small difference?

Top Bottom