What's new

See any good movies lately?

The Commuter - Liam Neilson in a typical Liam Neilson kind of action film. Pretty good, not great, but worth it if you're in the mood for that kind of thing.

finally got around to seeing "What If?" since I'm on a rom-com. It was surprisingly good. Also, "About Time." The latter has some pretty sad bits, so if Covid has brought death into your family, be warned.

John

My wife and I loved the Netflix series “Call My Agent” so much that we were depressed for days when it ended. It’s about the agents and other workers at a Parisian agency, ASK, that represents actors and directors. The twist is that well-known actors like Isabelle Huppert, Monica Bellucci, Jean Reno, Nathalie Baye, Sigourney Weaver, and others play the clients, as sort of exaggerated versions of themselves. It’s also shot on real locations—people step outside a door and their out on the street, so if you love Paris, you will enjoy that. But the reason we’ll miss the show is that we loved the characters so much.

4 seasons of six episodes each, and they say they have no plans to make any more. It’s a huge hit on Netflix, so maybe they will change their mind. But the stars are already appearing in big movies, so I don’t know if they’ll be ever be able to get the gang back together again.

The French title of the show is “Ten Percent.”

Last edited:
This weekend was a John Wayne double shot:

True Grit - the original, not that hyped up sequel. Classic John Wayne, and fine supporting actors as well.

Rooster Cogburn - the True Grit sequel, the story is so-so, but Wayne and especially Katherine Hepburn totally carry this film. Love her speech at the end.

This was a mini-series but not sure where else to put it...The Liberator. True story about a WW II US Army regiment consisting largely of Native Americans and Mexicans who served with great distinction throughout several campaigns. It's animated in an unusual way that looks very realistic. Very well done overall IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom