What's new

SCS, CSS ... is it possible to pan the sections wherever you want?

Is it possible to pan sections in CSS, SCS wherever you want without them sounding weird?

• Total voters
All I wanted to say (and I thought I already did) is: panning doesn't destroy the sound of the strings. It's useless to built a decision which string library to choose based on their recording position. Only exception: you want a pure orchestral setting out of the box.
Hardest thing with string samples is how to arrange and how to perform them. Panning and mixing strings is easy. Much easier than drums or bass or voice. So decide which string library sounds best for you and fits your music style. For my subjective taste and the styles you metioned I'd go for SCS.

Last edited:
All I wanted to say (and I thought I already did) is: panning doesn't destroy the sound of the strings. It's useless to built a decision which string library to choose based on their recording position. Only exception: you want a pure orchestral setting out of the box.
Hardest thing with string samples is how to arrange and how to perform them. Panning and mixing strings is easy. Much easier than drums or bass or voice. So decide which string library sounds best for you and fits your music style. For my subjective taste and the styles you metioned I'd go for SCS.

@Saxer Understood. Thank you for your input!

Top Bottom