What's new

Script Protection

Hans Adamson

I installed Sublime 3 and SublimeKSP today. How can I best protect a script? I read that there is a way to turn the compiled script into unreadable gibberish, but I am not sure how to do this the best way.

I believe I saw an example where the script was turned into nonsense.

Any help?

Thanks,
/Hans

Thanks. Yes I tried this. So all I can do is to change my variable names into random letter combinations, while everything else is in plain text? I thought there would be some encryption of everything possible. Not?

No, Kontakt still requires that its KSP synthax and respective native commands are maintained.

Regarding the compacted variables, though, ask yourself how far would you go into trying to reverse engineer such an incomprehensible script, and the amount of knowledge you'd need to have to do so.
Then add the mount of time you'd need to adapt such a script to your specific needs.
I suggest most people will chose to build their own code rather than trying to decipher compacted code.
In my opinion, (and in this particular case) time is best spent creating code, not protecting it.
Cheers

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I have read the previous threads. Every time I open sublime, I receive an error code from Sublime Text that there is an error loading colour scheme, Packages/SublimeKSP_1.11/_MACOSX/SUBLIMEKSP/._KScriptLight.tmTheme: Unable to open
Packages/SublimeKSP_1.11/_MACOSX/SUBLIMEKSP/._KScriptLight.tmTheme

Then the Sublime color scheme is black and white only. I am on a PC, Windows 7.
How can I fix this?

That's quite specific to the editor or the packages themselves.
Maybe re-installing sublime and the KSP packages will fix it...

Top Bottom