What's new

Scoring Synths

The percussion teaser is wonderful. Bring on the Perc! But I thought there was a string library in the works? Can you confirm?

This is a very cool library but the creative possibilities would be far greater if control over the round robins in all the short patches (arps, stabs, plucks etc) was possible. The subtle differences in the various rr gets amplified when you start to use the various room mics with level, texture and envelope being all over the place.

In general this is an issue with most libraries I have apart from OT´s Ark series. They have nailed this issue to the point where I can decide exactly what samples should play in the round robins.

Any updates on this?
I’m also very excited to hear more about the major promised update. I guess it’s delayed. Can’t wait for it to be released. Scoring Synth is very well sampled. So any improvements in functionality and fixed errors will be great.

I think it's a really good product. Great quality and great understanding in the programmed Moog sounds that was chosen to sample. I also learned a lot from the videos they released about the products. Furthermore Ollie seems like a great guy.

So I have to admit I'm very surprised and disappointed that they do not deliver as promimsed or at least write to the coustomers and explain the reason why there will be no update.

Unfortunately that is a red flag for me when a developer behave like that and that's the reason why I haven't purchased any other products since then. But I can see that there is a lot of satisfied coustomers who have bought but their 2 later releases. So I'm sure they are great products.

I think it's a really good product. Great quality and great understanding in the programmed Moog sounds that was chosen to sample. I also learned a lot from the videos they released about the products. Furthermore Ollie seems like a great guy.

So I have to admit I'm very surprised and disappointed that they do not deliver as promimsed or at least write to the coustomers and explain the reason why there will be no update.

Unfortunately that is a red flag for me when a developer behave like that and that's the reason why I haven't purchased any other products since then. But I can see that there is a lot of satisfied coustomers who have bought but their 2 later releases. So I'm sure they are great products.

Maybe I'm out of the loop, but what update was promised?

It seems a few others have had this issue with Bass Pluck 1. If you've already directed kontakt to the files everything should be fine. If you have any other issues shoot me an email and we'll get you taken care of.

Unfortunately not at the moment, but it's something I'm looking into for our big Scoring Synths update coming next year.
The company wrote about it in the thread back in November 2018.

Hey All,

Sorry it's taken me this long to respond to your questions. I was hoping to be able to respond with some specifics regarding a release date for the Scoring Synths update since it's not particularly helpful to simply say "we're still working on it" but I'd like to give you a few explanations as to the delay and assure you that we are not abandoning the product.

When we originally planned on doing the update, it was going to be a relatively small addition to the existing library. Mostly adding a few features that made certain things I was doing (such as layering multiple stacks of the same patch) more streamlined in a single instrument. We were also going to make a few basic UI adjustments based on some user feedback.

While we were developing and releasing other instruments, and as existing user feedback was coming in, we decided we wanted to take Scoring Synths in a direction that allowed us and other users to do much more creative sound design within Kontakt. Customers have really gravitated toward pre designed patches such as the multis in LAMP and RCD Uke and we wanted to offer something similar with Scoring Synths. There's a lot more to this which I'm unable to discuss at this point, but the short version is, it's requiring a lot of additional work that we hadn't originally planned on doing, however I think the end result will be worth the wait.

Thanks for your continued interest in our products!

All the best,

Ollie

Hi Ollie - thank you for feedback. It sound really interesting! Looking forward to see the result :)

All the best,
Jack

There's a lot more to this which I'm unable to discuss at this point, but the short version is, it's requiring a lot of additional work that we hadn't originally planned on doing, however I think the end result will be worth the wait.

Thanks for your continued interest in our products!
Thanks. I've considered the desktop version and like the fact that you made a Staffpad edition as well. I'm hoping you'll do a staffpad version of your Nashville Session strings as well. Thanks your libraries are impressive.

It seems a few others have had this issue with Bass Pluck 1. If you've already directed kontakt to the files everything should be fine. If you have any other issues shoot me an email and we'll get you taken care of.

Unfortunately not at the moment, but it's something I'm looking into for our big Scoring Synths update coming next year.
Hi Audio Ollie any news on the big update? Has anybody on the forum heard anything?

Top Bottom