What's new

Scoring Synths

Which mics would you want to include in a light version?
ALL
How big would you like this library to be?
Doesn't matter
If there was a negligible price difference between light and full, would you still buy the light version?
No Need for a lite version
for me personally, release the product the way you want it.
in today's age gigabytes are infinitesimal.
i like this concept and i very much look forward to seeing and hearing a walk through of it.
i also think folks need to hold off on drawing conclusions before having all of the details.
just my 2

Thanks for the feedback. That walkthrough will certainly help to have a better understanding of the concept in this library. I feel it's really one of its kind, so the comparison with other multi-mic libraries might not hold up there. I'll wait to see it in context before making any comments. The concept looks really interesting and if you feel cutting stuff will affect the performance of the product, then just don't do it. Price wise, I'm always looking for the full product, unless it's crazy expansive (think of Broadway Big Band vs Broadway Lites) for the expected use I'd have for it. Question though, is the 75 Gb compressed or flat size? I believe Kontakt can compress stuff which takes much less space and might be an easier fix to make everyone happy. ;)

Sounds fantastic! Also, that is one sexy UI! Very clean and simple, yet powerful. I wish all developers would go this route instead of spending all their time on making all UI elements spin around and shoot lasers.

to each his own, I guess...
At 49, I had my first go at a Model D (reissue) in a music store. I was very impressed. Sub37 was underneath its sibbling and, well, its sound was underneath as well :)

A raw of applause for this new lib - at least the promisse of it.

Sounds good.

What reverb were you using on the demo for perc and bass?

Thanks! There's no reverb on the perc sounds, that's all from the room itself or the room being pitched down. The reverb in every other example is the default setting on the Eventide Blackhole.

Thanks for the info on the reverb patch.

Tell me, after watching an hour or so of your video (not thru them all yet) can you change the number of steps in the sequencer and is there provision to save sequencer patterns?

Thanks for the info on the reverb patch.

Tell me, after watching an hour or so of your video (not thru them all yet) can you change the number of steps in the sequencer and is there provision to save sequencer patterns?

Yeah there will be a control to adjust the number of steps in the updated GUI. There is not currently a way to save the sequencer patterns but I'll look into this.

Reactions: JW
Thanks, Ollie.

One other quick note. On the little toggle/slide switches under the DI and Mic sliders - the one under the DI is a filter and all the ones under the many Mic sliders are for time alignment. Since they do different functions perhaps it would make a bit more sense visually if the one under the DI was a different color or had some other shape differentiation. It would make it clearer to potential buyers and other first-time users.

Looking good. I look forward to it when it comes out in all its glory.

This really sounds great. Congrats! Enjoyed the walkthrough vids. I’m definitely interested in picking this up.

Top Bottom