What's new

Scoring Synths

Audio Ollie

ABOUT

We embarked upon a six month long journey to fill what we believe is a void in today's synth and sample library market. Scoring Synths is the exciting end product of recording two of the most iconic synthesizers in the world, reamping or "worldizing" them into one of the best sounding live rooms in the U.S., and re-recording them with an array of priceless vintage microphones. From the synths themselves, to the converters, preamps, mastering loudspeakers, mics and scoring stage, not a single sonic compromise was made in the process of creating this powerful new tool. Scoring Synths truly is the first sample library of its kind.

STUDIO

When choosing a venue for Scoring Synths, it was important to find a room with rich, yet controlled acoustics. After considering several different studio spaces, we chose the world famous Ocean Way Studio A in Nashville, TN -- a room that is origin to countless albums and orchestral film scores. We had the privilege of working with the very talented Nick Spezia, whose engineering credits include The Last Witch Hunter, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, Mass Effect: Andromeda, and Texas Rising. Nick's familiarity with the studio and extensive experience recording orchestras made him the perfect choice for this project.

GEAR

No expenses were spared: Classic Synth A ("Model D") and it's contemporary relative Synth B ("S-37") comprise the epitome of bold, pugnacious bass tones and classic analogue warmth. We shipped in a pair of ATC 150 ASL Pro loudspeakers to ensure the best possible conveyance of the original source material, and recorded through a custom 80-input, 64-monitor, all discrete Neve 8078 console.

A wide array of mics were employed, including a hand picked set of priceless Neumann M50s for the decca tree, DPA 4006-As for the surrounds, B&K 4006s for the wides, MKH 100s for the mid room and rear surrounds, and a Neumann U67 up close. Together, these captured the full sonic landscape of the room, and allow for maximum control of stage positioning come mix time.

SPECS

• 120,000 Samples - 75 GB Installed
• Kontakt 5 Full Required
• 100 + Unique Patches
• Up to 17 Round Robbin and 7 True Filter Layers
• 48khz WAV, Stereo
• 8 Mic Positions

GUI

• Minimal Design
• Mic Mixer - Pan, Phase, and High Pass Controls
• Mono/Poly Mode - Note Priority, Glide and Legato
• ADSR - Level and Low Pass Filter
• Fine Tune - Midi Transpose - Velocity (Dynamics) - Spread
• Arpeggiator
• Polystep

Walkthrough Videos

Overview/GUI/Getting Started

VLOG - The Concept

JOIN THE MAILING LIST AT AUDIOOLLIE.COM

AVAILABLE NOW FOR $199 UNTIL APRIL 1st, $279 THEREAFTER.

Attachments

• VI Banner Post.jpg
    VI Banner Post.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Impressive! Signed up for Mailing List ….. was expecting Beta download Link but nothing yet … :scout: ….. :crying:

Signed up too, looks really interesting !

Btw, I don't want to deviate from the topic, but could anyone point out which guitar lib could give the same result as the first few notes in the video ?

Looking forward to the release !

Signed up too, looks really interesting !

Btw, I don't want to deviate from the topic, but could anyone point out which guitar lib could give the same result as the first few notes in the video ?

Looking forward to the release !

The guitar sound in the video is actually Scoring Synths. The track was made entirely with SS with the exception of the violins.

So when are you going to release more info about price and release date?
This seems pertinent to me.

Sorry it's a great-sounding product but I'm tired of all the marketing and build-up just tell me when I should get my credit card out. It's not you it's primarily Spitfire/Output/etc but unfortunately the residual effect is that I constantly feel over-teased.

The guitar sound in the video is actually Scoring Synths. The track was made entirely with SS with the exception of the violins.
You mean the main sound we can hear in the video, especially at around 28" to 35" is a moog and not a guitar???
I mean the sound that makes the melody not the pad in the background.

Ollie mentioned in another thread he is shooting for early Feb. release. I hope he is prepared for a pretty tough crowd here ? ;)

Chill, break out that Voyager man and run it into the Leslie!! :grin:

This seems pertinent to me.

Sorry it's a great-sounding product but I'm tired of all the marketing and build-up just tell me when I should get my credit card out. It's not you it's primarily Spitfire/Output/etc but unfortunately the residual effect is that I constantly feel over-teased.

Last edited:
You mean the main sound we can hear in the video, especially at around 28" to 35" is a moog and not a guitar???
I mean the sound that makes the melody not the pad in the background.

Yeah that's correct, the main guitar melody is Scoring Synths. Putting the synth tones into a real room produced some very organic sounds which I think is pretty cool :)

As far as the release date goes, it should be ready sometime early to mid February if all goes smoothly.

Thanks again for the interest and your kind words guys.

Top Bottom