Scoring Synths - 'Worldized' Analogue Synths - AVAILABLE NOW!

Discussion in 'COMMERCIAL Announcements' started by Audio Ollie, Jan 16, 2018.

1. midiman

midiman Senior Member

May 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Are you going to run Black Friday Sales?

2. Creston

Creston Senior Member

Jul 4, 2013
    What's there to say about it? Great library. I'm busy using it. I wonder how much some people talk about libraries on forums as opposed to actually using them.

goalie composer, stfciu and midiman like this.
  3. Fry777

Fry777 Senior Member

Nov 27, 2017
    @Audio Ollie Any chance of a Black Friday deal for those of us who missed the intro ? :) (unless you were talking about this in your last post, in which case it went over my head :unsure: )

4. OP
    OP
    Audio Ollie

Audio Ollie Senior Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Yes sir!

Also, lots of news coming soon. We've been busy working on a new library which I'm beyond excited to tell you all about. Join us on Facebook or subscribe to the mailing list to stay up to date.

Thanks guys,

- Ollie

LamaRose, 667, midiman and 5 others like this.
  5. Quite happy user here, it just has really usable sonics.

midiman likes this.
  6. midiman

midiman Senior Member

May 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Thank you Craig. Input like yours really matters. If there is anything else you can share please do. Does the lib help you get a better balance and mix, in the way it fills the low end and other areas?

7. I use it constantly to fill at the low end, there are many uses I'm not taking advantage of but that alone and a few other things make it something I would dearly miss if it was not there. I have tried other sub basses and none do what this does.

Jack Weaver and midiman like this.
  8. midiman

midiman Senior Member

May 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Thank you for the input @Craig Sharmat ! I'll probably pick it up on Black Friday!

9. It's not the sexiest interface but it just works.

midiman likes this.
  10. 667

667 Senior Member

May 20, 2011
    Ollie, glad to hear you are continuing on this and releasing another library soon. I thought Scoring Synths was an under appreciated and misunderstood release. To my ears it is something really special, and it was disappointing that many people missed the point of what it could do by focusing on the things that it did not. Very happy to learn you did not give up, and are even bringing us something new!

11. Daniel James

Daniel James Senior Member

Jan 9, 2008
    Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 2.34.33 PM.png

Don't know what it is but i'm in!

-DJ

midiman, Mystic and Audio Ollie like this.
  12. mouse

mouse Senior Member

Oct 20, 2016
  13. OP
    OP
    Audio Ollie

Audio Ollie Senior Member

Mar 14, 2016
    Thanks for your kind words! I'm happy to say that although there has been a slightly mixed response here on vi, we've had an overwhelmingly positive response in general. It's a bit of niche product so I think it's inevitable that a handful of folks won't 'get it' but I can tell you it's been quite a successful release, so don't be too disappointed ;)

Audio Ollie is just getting started with sample dev... More to come VERY soon!

Cheers, and thanks again!

cyoder, N.Caffrey, Fry777 and 2 others like this.
  14. germancomponist

germancomponist Senior Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Germany
    This is interesting, Craig. Can you post a snippet where I can listen to it?

15. Sure Gunther...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/41i1pb7nztoxa9j/Knives Edge.m4a?dl=0

In at 8,12, 15 secs in and out till 36 then stays in till the break

then mostly in from 1:15 on.
    Check out as it leaves for the final hit but comes back in 4 beats later.

You can hear the bass switching octaves, it gets really full in the lower sub octave less so up the octave but I wish to use it as an effect and don’t keep that low octave in all the time.

Also i use another patch for the melody in the end (heavily doctored).

16. germancomponist

Jul 11, 2007
    Germany
    Thks Craig, that sounds good!

Craig Sharmat likes this.
  17. germancomponist

Jul 11, 2007
    Germany
    Craig, I sent you a pm. Please open it .... :)

18. Greg

Greg Senior Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Lookin forward to what you're cooking up next! Scoring synths was a lot different than other libraries and I really appreciated that unique and creative approach. It helps break me out of creative ruts from using the same types of libraries over and over :P

Audio Ollie likes this.
  19. colony nofi

colony nofi Senior Member

Jul 19, 2012
    And for those of us who don't use other social media channels (and have purchased your products) please post here any new developments. It really is still an important forum for composers who choose not to engage in other parts of social media...

20. 667

667 Senior Member

May 20, 2011
    Agreed-- I don't have facebook and I signed up for the newsletter but I don't think I ever received any emails from AudioOllie.