What's new

Scorerelief 2021 competition

Pretty intense, Jk86 ! Wow...

The main theme reminded me "Colours of the wind" from Pocahontas -which is appropriate, I guess.

I don't know if I'm going to submit my entry, for two reasons. One, it's my first time writing for picture, with a very limited free time to dedicate to fun activities like this and it shows... my writing sounds antiquate, compared to some of the posts here. This brings me to reason number two, which is related to age. I've watched part of the live video and felt like an old man sitting uncomfortably among young kids. So, I'm posting my version with a certain reluctance... :)
View attachment Spring-rob.mp4
Are you kidding?
This is really good job !

Reactions: Rob
Hi everybody! I hope everyone is healthy and holding up as alright as possible in this crazy times we're in.
Without any concerts happening all this time, I have to say that focusing on composing music has saved me from going crazy...

So, here's my take on this beautiful animation, Spring, yeah...the speed on changes of emotions and pitches given by the sounds of wood blocks on the animation have been a bit of a challenge, but I had a lot of fun doing it and I love challenges :) I'm happy with the result, I hope you all enjoy it!

I don't know if I'm going to submit my entry, for two reasons. One, it's my first time writing for picture, with a very limited free time to dedicate to fun activities like this and it shows... my writing sounds antiquate, compared to some of the posts here. This brings me to reason number two, which is related to age. I've watched part of the live video and felt like an old man sitting uncomfortably among young kids. So, I'm posting my version with a certain reluctance... :)
Nice version ! Like the dreamy end ! I don't think it sounds "antique".

Reactions: Rob
Hi everyone!

this is my first post on Vi. So, this is more meaningful for me to post my entry for #scorerelief competition. And here is the entry!
Hope you enjoy it!

All of the sounds from Cinematic Studio Series. (even piano) Yes woodwinds are too :).It was a good chance to experience Cinematic Studio Woodwinds in action. Percussion is True Strike 1 and there is a Harp from Eastwest HO.And Shire Flute(Embertone)

Best
And there are a lot of amazing entries
Good luck to all! It was a good experience.

Just wanted to say how amazing all these score relief entries are. I have watched them all, and been very impressed by the variety of appraoch but also the standard!

Hi everyone!

this is my first post on Vi. So, this is more meaningful for me to post my entry for #scorerelief competition. And here is the entry!
Hope you enjoy it!

All of the sounds from Cinematic Studio Series. (even piano) Yes woodwinds are too :).It was a good chance to experience Cinematic Studio Woodwinds in action. Percussion is True Strike 1 and there is a Harp from Eastwest HO.And Shire Flute(Embertone)

Best

Excellent ! I wouldn’t be surprised to see it rewarded. Good luck !

It's so cool that this competition got that much attention. There's so many entries !! It's great for the cause and for the Cue Tube which is quite recent.

Hi everyone!

Hope you enjoy it!
Welcome here ! And what a way to introduce yourself... ! I'm really impressed by what I heard... What a beautiful you did here.
I'm always thrilled by good use of woodwinds.

Hi everyone!

Hope you enjoy it!

Best

This is very good and accomplished! Great first post for VI-Control!

Hello people!

I've been wandering around in this thread since a few weeks and got me really motivated to try my own version, and now I'm finished! It took me a whole two days (like, really two whole days) to finish this.

I, like a few others, also used the woodblock melody as the main melody and as a main motif and fattened it up here and there.
Since I'm playing a little cello and violin, I also recorded dozens of strings layers and hope that it sounds ok!

The samples are all Sounds from the EastWest ComposerCloud.
Here is my entry:

I'm open for any feedback.
Good luck to all other participants!

Best

Last edited:
Hello people!

I've been wandering around in this thread since a few weeks and got me really motivated to try my own version, and now I'm finished! It took me a whole two days (like, really two whole days) to finish this.

I, like a few others, also used the woodblock melody as the main melody and as a main motif and fattened it up here and there.
Since I'm playing a little cello and violin, I also recorded dozens of strings layers and hope that it sounds ok!

The samples are all Sounds from the EastWest ComposerCloud.
Here is my entry:

I'm open for any feedback.
Good luck to all other participants!

Best

This is excellent work, 2 days well spent!

No such thing like an old man. Keep going!

I have never done this before, and I am quite new to Cubase , but I have become very interested in film music over the last few months. I didn’t listen to any other entries before doing mine - and now that I have finished , and watched a few other entries, I realise that I have a lot to learn !! I am not sure if I am allowed to rip off a motif from Indiana Jones (probably not) but anyway - here it is !

Hi everyone. This is yet another entrance. I've done an extra video just for the notation, please enjoy and good luck to everyone!

Wow, that is impressive...

What software did you use to produce the notation and how did you make the notation present and scroll like that in the video?

I've only just come across this via Instagram.
I'd like to have a go please.
Can you send me the links and video etc?

Thanks

THE FILM SCORING COMPETITION WITH A HEART​

Score Relief is a free-to-enter film scoring competition. We have amazing prizes for composers, thanks to the generosity of Allen & Heath, ThinkSpace Education, Aston Microphones and Triune Digital, along with our partners at Northern Film Orchestra. We have a great judging panel of experienced and successful composers.

Enter Score Relief 2021!​

It's completely free to take part. Simply provide us with your email address here and we'll send you the unscored video, with all the instructions and information that you need. Deadline: Jan 31st 2021.

https://www.thecuetube.com/scorerelief2021
If you wish to donate to Scorerelief:

I've only just come across this via Instagram.
I'd like to have a go please.
Can you send me the links and video etc?

Thanks

Top Bottom