What's new

Scorerelief 2021 competition

The movie is interesting with à lot of differents climax (magic, strange, action, epic, humor) in a short time. The dog is the real hero (sort of Indiana Dog). He deserves an epic musical part !

Even though I had posted this on this forum, I had not registered to get the competition pack as was a bit too nervous to do it. Thanks to the kind words I have requested the pack. ❤️
I am in the exact same boat... I've never done this before but decided to try it anyway because even if I don't submit I'll learn something.
Thank you for posting!

I want to listen but dont want to be influenced (and I know how good people are here so its more than a probability) Im looking forward to the outcome and hearing everyone's entry.

In the same boat in that I tried staying away from watching other people's entries before I finished my own. I couldn't help but to listen to the original which is absolutely stunning, lots of great entries here too now that I have a chance to listen to them!

Here's how my went...

In the same boat in that I tried staying away from watching other people's entries before I finished my own. I couldn't help but to listen to the original which is absolutely stunning, lots of great entries here too now that I have a chance to listen to them!

Here's how my went...

That end melody game me goosebumps! Gave me serious John Powell vibes

Hi !
I'm late but i'd like to give it a try !
Can you contact me or send me some links to downloads the elements ??
Thanks

Hi !
I'm late but i'd like to give it a try !
Can you contact me or send me some links to downloads the elements ??
Thanks
Here is the link to the website. The closing date is the end of the month

(broken link removed)

One more ! I'm really glad I had time for this as it's the first time I try this scoring exercise. And the animation movie is beautiful and inspiring.
I chose to stick with the given instrumentation (I like constraints) although I didn't use the piano.
That was so much fun !

I listen to some other entries and there is amazing staff ! Very different approaches.

So many great clips to watch through, very impressed by the creative output!

I hope to find time to finish one myself, but there's just so few hours in a day. I wondered if you guys know if we can adjust the volume of the original sound in any way, or if it needs to be completely untouched?

I wondered if you guys know if we can adjust the volume of the original sound in any way, or if it needs to be completely untouched?
I was wondering too but when I wanted to have a rather good balance between the clip and my music, it was clipping. The clip is pretty loud. If I remember correctly, I turned it down by 6dB or 7dB.
I end up with approximately -20 LUFS and was wondering if I was supposed to aim at -23 or other value...

Top Bottom