What's new

Scorerelief 2021 competition

storyteller

So many good entries! Good luck to everyone! Here is mine. I had a blast writing it. It is written with the 27 piece orchestra in mind... except the Bassoonist is going to play Taikos... and have a great time doing it. :thumbsup:

...and there is a panpipe tucked in there that one of the wind players can play in between his/her parts....

Libraries Used:
8dio Century Strings, 8dio Century Brass Ensemble & Solo, NI Symphony Series Brass Solo, Berlin Woodwinds Legacy, Bohemian Cello, Spitfire Joby Burgess Percussion, Hans Zimmer Percussion, 8dio Epic Toms Ensemble, Evolution Series World Percussion, LDLC Cymbal Rolls, ISW Pearl Piano, 8dio Age Harp, Forest Kingdom II, Spitfire Edna Earth, KV331 Synthmaster, Air Vacuum Pro, Ethera Gold 2.5, Ethera Intimate Vocals, Cinesamples Voxos, EW Voices of the Empire, EW Hollywood Backup Singers, 8dio Liberis (ALL INSTRUMENTS AND VOCALS WERE SAMPLE LIBRARIES)

Last edited:

gohrev

Newbie Composer
Just wrapped up my work, it was a real joy to write for this animation!! :)
Coming evenings will be spent on listening to all the other entries in this thread - didn't want to listen to anything before I submitted mine, so I can't wait to hear what you all created!

janwilke

This is my entry - finished right on time!
It is my first time composing directly in the DAW (as opposed to notating everything). And I tried to use almost every library I own :)

Libraries used:
Albion ONE, Albion NEO, OACE, CSS, BBCSO, OT Majestic Horn, Sonokinetic Largo, Grosso and Espressivo

zach.mx

In just before the deadline. I probably could've spent a little bit more time on it, but it was my first time writing to picture so I'm not holding it against myself. I'm surprised I even managed to finish.

Anyways, good luck everybody!

Mr Sakitumi

Here is my 2nd entry ( no orchestra approach)

(I do recall Brian and co saying on the Q&A vid that you can enter more than 1 submission.
I really wanted to try this out...a simpler, minimal approach.

There are many incredibly orchestrated entries and I tried to go that route as well with my first entry.
With this I was actually moving away from all of that.
So using just piano, a pad, a brief organ, celeste, kick and snare I wrote this.

I did play off the wood knocking melody to develop a melodic theme, whereas in my 1st entry I tried to create my own theme.

This was actually so freeing, not trying to go so big and sweeping with orchestral colours.
And I also wanted to see how the story and visuals changed with a softer, gentler approach.
Glad to get this in just in time, before the deadline.

SamC

Sam

(I do recall Brian and co saying on the Q&A vid that you can enter more than 1 submission.

There are many incredibly orchestrated entries and I tried to go that route as well with my first entry.
So using just piano, a pad, a brief organ, celeste, kick and snare I wrote this.

I did play off the wood knocking melody to develop a melodic theme, whereas in my 1st entry I tried to create my own theme.

This was actually so freeing, not trying to go so big and sweeping with orchestral colours.
And I also wanted to see how the story and visuals changed with a softer, gentler approach.

Stunning approach, very creative and beautifully handled, nice work. :)

Manfred

Music and Sound Design for visual media
I got through, but after clicking "submit" it froze - now, they do warn that "THE SUBMIT FUNCTION TAKES A FEW SECONDS, PLEASE BE PATIENT!", but it's now been around 20 minutes. I suppose I can wait two more hours if 8 PM GMT was the deadline :)
My guess is their server is crashing due to high submitting volume. Give it a little time. Try every 15-minuted or so. I’m sure it will resolve...I had the same issue for an hour last evening (US pacific time). Cheers!

OP
Markrs

Markrs

Complete Beginner

This is really effective. very impressed with what you achieved without using an orchestra.

MariGea

Simple girl with [almost] no issues
I had a free evening and decided to give it a try :)

Orchestra with amount of people given.
Libs random Spitfire BDT + Intimate Strings + CimematicSoft + RandomSomethingElse + Some OT +ARKHIS
Scores draft in the video description (if anyone interested).

mallux

Chris Malley
On youtube alone there looks like there have been 1,200 entries. There will also be many many more not on youtube as well. A fantastic result for the competition!
... and yet only 265 people have donated to the charity so far... I’m sure everyone on the thread has already donated, but I’ll leave this here just in case:

Top Bottom