What's new

Scorerelief 2021 competition

freecham

The movie is interesting with à lot of differents climax (magic, strange, action, epic, humor) in a short time. The dog is the real hero (sort of Indiana Dog). He deserves an epic musical part !

jtromburg

Even though I had posted this on this forum, I had not registered to get the competition pack as was a bit too nervous to do it. Thanks to the kind words I have requested the pack. ❤️
I am in the exact same boat... I've never done this before but decided to try it anyway because even if I don't submit I'll learn something.
Thank you for posting!

Rossy

I want to listen but dont want to be influenced (and I know how good people are here so its more than a probability) Im looking forward to the outcome and hearing everyone's entry.

pawelmorytko

In the same boat in that I tried staying away from watching other people's entries before I finished my own. I couldn't help but to listen to the original which is absolutely stunning, lots of great entries here too now that I have a chance to listen to them!

Here's how my went...

TimCox

In the same boat in that I tried staying away from watching other people's entries before I finished my own. I couldn't help but to listen to the original which is absolutely stunning, lots of great entries here too now that I have a chance to listen to them!

Here's how my went...
That end melody game me goosebumps! Gave me serious John Powell vibes

Ritchgbg

Hi !
I'm late but i'd like to give it a try !
Can you contact me or send me some links to downloads the elements ??
Thanks

Germain B

One more ! I'm really glad I had time for this as it's the first time I try this scoring exercise. And the animation movie is beautiful and inspiring.
I chose to stick with the given instrumentation (I like constraints) although I didn't use the piano.
That was so much fun !

I listen to some other entries and there is amazing staff ! Very different approaches.

fourier

So many great clips to watch through, very impressed by the creative output!

I hope to find time to finish one myself, but there's just so few hours in a day. I wondered if you guys know if we can adjust the volume of the original sound in any way, or if it needs to be completely untouched?

Germain B

I wondered if you guys know if we can adjust the volume of the original sound in any way, or if it needs to be completely untouched?
I was wondering too but when I wanted to have a rather good balance between the clip and my music, it was clipping. The clip is pretty loud. If I remember correctly, I turned it down by 6dB or 7dB.
I end up with approximately -20 LUFS and was wondering if I was supposed to aim at -23 or other value...

Top Bottom