What's new

Kubler

Hey everyone !

I thought about bumping the entry discussions topic, but starting a new thread in this section seems cleaner. I wanted to give a try to making a score video, something I rather enjoy and might keep doing on a regular basis with past and future work ! I decided to start off with my entry to the Westworld Scoring Competition from earlier this year :laugh:

The video is in 4K, but I have included a link in the description that lets you download the PDF file to read comfortably. No loops or pre-orchestrated patches were used in the composition – everything is notated as closely as possible to how I programmed it in my DAW in roughly four days at the time.

Feel free to react about any aspect of the orchestration / notation that you see fit, it's very much appreciated ! Cheers :)

South Thames

I enjoyed this very much - well done. Really liked the use of percussion (love the octobans), though it sounds like there are some un-notated electronics?

Quality of the mock up is superb to my ears. What libraries did you use?

OP
Kubler

Kubler

I enjoyed this very much - well done. Really liked the use of percussion (love the octobans), though it sounds like there are some un-notated electronics?

Quality of the mock up is superb to my ears. What libraries did you use?
Thanks a lot ! There is a couple of pads & one synth motor that weren't really worth putting on the score indeed – I chose to focus on the orchestra :) Although to be honest I didn't bother either to notate the harp, which plays exactly one time for the glissando effect at 2:44

The libraries as I remember :
Woodwinds → Hollywood Orchestra Diamond ;
Brass → Angry Brass (half of which I actually got as freebie, believe it or not) except the tuba that's Cinematic Studio Brass ;
Percussions → CinePerc ;
Strings → Cinematic Studio Strings ;
The saturated and low pads are from Cinematique Instruments' free Klang series, and the muted guitar thingy at 0:42 and 3:22 is from 8Dio's Blendstrument : Paranormal Guitars !

funnybear

Thanks for posting this! Just studying through Goldsmith’s Total Recall score which I got in the post today! Yours is next.

I did say at the time of the competition that your entry was my favourite. But then again I love this style.

OP
Kubler

Kubler

Thanks for posting this! Just studying through Goldsmith’s Total Recall score which I got in the post today! Yours is next.

I did say at the time of the competition that your entry was my favourite. But then again I love this style.
Not quite sure that I can compete with Goldsmith ahahah, but I appreciate the kind words. Hope you enjoy it !

Top Bottom