What's new

Saving Numbers & Strings into a single file

Hi,

I'm working on a multi-script and I'm trying to figure out how to save different script variables (numbers) and strings (text) into a single NKA file.

I don't want the user to save two external NKA's (one for variables and one for strings)...

Is this at all possible?

Thanks!!!
HD

P.N.

You can't mix strings, integers or real numbers in the same array...
Integers and real numbers you mght get way with conversions and use a single array (either with integers or real numbers), depending on your goals, but strings are another matter.

P.N.

Well, if you only needed to save a string variable, you could save_array_str() and use the string as the name of your integer array.
After, you may use a file selector to browse the integers arrays that were saved with the string name... but... i don't know if this helps your specific scenario.

Lindon

VST/AU Developer
The way we used to do this was with number substitution. Strings(each character) represented as numbers 0 to 26 and remapped using a string array containing the alphabet.

We actually used more than 26 slots so we could have spaces , hyphens etc.

P.N.

The way we used to do this was with number substitution. Strings(each character) represented as numbers 0 to 26 and remapped using a string array containing the alphabet.

Can't do anything for text_edits, but it might be useful to the OP. :)

OP
dfhagai

dfhagai

HD

Any tip on how to achieve that would be much appreciated :)

Top Bottom