What's new

Save up to 63% on orchestral tools

sekkosiki

I just got Ark 2. Wow, what a sound, I didn't know how inspiring it could be. Also very unique sections that I don't have yet. I've been playing with it a couple of hours. I know that a sample library is good, when I can't leave it and melodies and themes just pop up. Very happy with my purchase!

reids

Wow, OT has depreciated so much in value. This is so affordable now they could have these libraries for middle school and high school kids in music programs across the world to teach about midi orchestration and composition. Real bummer for those who already bought in earlier, but thats the real-world market for you.

Wally Garten

Hm, I am not sure about that. I think they have eliminated competition within their own orchestral range by delaying both sales.
Maybe. But judging by the number of people expressing regret here, maybe not, too. (For example, I was never going to buy the Orchestral series, but I might have foregone my major purchase of the season -- a choir from another manufacturer -- to pick up one of the Arks.)

NoamL

Winter <3
I can only speak for myself, but these things affect my decisions on a long run. E.g. I would hardly ever buy an expensive East West library upon release for intro price.
Exactly this! It's not about being mad at OT at all, they can run their business however they want and this is a bargain price for the Arks! It's about the next time they release a product. OT have a long way to go before they become like EW, but they've already started leaving the "no sales" policy behind in the last 2 years.

Gingerbread

I have (and love) Ark I, and am strongly considering 2 and 3, given these prices.

My question, for those who have Ark 2 is: I already own Tundra. They appear to share significant overlap. Is there sufficient difference between the two to justify buying Ark 2? If so, how?

(I have Genesis, so I doubt I need Ark 2's choir patch)

NekujaK

I don't have any insight into the inner financial workings of OT, but when any company suddenly engages in aggressive sale pricing, the possibility exists they simply need to increase revenues. After all, orchestral libraries are expensive to produce and the market has grown insanely competitive in recent years. There's no dishonor in trying to price your products competitively, especially if you've already saturated most of your top-tier market. More power to them!

tim727

I bought Ark1 and Ark3 last year but held off on Ark2 due to what I have now come to determine are probably overblown complaints of noise in the samples. I came to really regret the decision and was badly hoping that Ark2 would go on sale for Black Friday. I ended up picking up BWW instead and just this morning I had convinced myself that I was ready to pull the trigger on a fully priced ~$730 Ark2 ... only to come on vi-control and see this absolutely ridiculous deal. BWW + Ark2 for ~$780 is insane!!! Now once I finally get my hands on CSB in a couple weeks time my life will be complete.

whiskers

Perpetual student
Hmm. Wondering about either inspire bundle or ark series. Both sound amazing but I'm thinking:

1. The inspire series maybe too redundant to native instruments orchestral symphony series

2. How much use would the ark series get in a non trailer music context

Thoughts?

Bill the Lesser

With this NI deal, does Inspire still come with vouchers?
I'm quoting from an email here..."...e-vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with special offers." For sure that means no using e-vouchers to buy these "deals."

I just now checked all the emails and such from today's purchases, there's no mention of vouchers, and I notice that on the OT website they removed the stuff about e-vouchers that were previously present. I was pretty sure I wasn't gonna get any vouchers from the get-go.

Land of Missing Parts

flibbertigibbet
I just now checked all the emails and such from today's purchases, there's no mention of vouchers, and I notice that on the OT website they removed the stuff about e-vouchers that were previously present. I was pretty sure I wasn't gonna get any vouchers from the get-go.
Thanks Bill. I still do see vouchers mentioned on the Inspire 1 page as of this moment, however.
Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 7.44.41 PM.png

Bill the Lesser

Hmm. Wondering about either inspire bundle or ark series. Both sound amazing but I'm thinking:

1. The inspire series maybe too redundant to native instruments orchestral symphony series

2. How much use would the ark series get in a non trailer music context

Thoughts?
Inspire is way the heck more interesting than NI symphonic stuff, in the sense that the OT patches are inherently quite expressive if not positively dramatic. There's just no comparison and very little overlap even on the plainer patches like the string sections which in the Ark series embody several very distinctively different sounds.

The Arks really aren't a headbanger trailer instrument, although they could do that sort of stuff if asked. There are no exaggerated rise+hits, for instance. I think it will get a lot of use from me over say Hollywood Orchestra and EWSO which I have used quite a bit, which is the opposite of what I thought until I actually started looking at the OT patches. The OT stuff is very expressive, but in a somewhat understated way, if that makes any sense. They evoke a somewhat minimalist modern sensibility, neo-classic if you like. I think they're perfect for cinematic work and with the Arks in particular it's possible to put together really excellent cues to cover an entire feature without using anything else.

FWIW the Arks cover a much bigger ground than the Inspires, if you need to buy just one, it's worth making a stretch for the Arks IMHO. There is quite a bit of overlap between the Inspires and the Arks, although they each have somewhat distinctive personalities. The Arks are kind of the Inspires on steroids, or somethin...

edit...OT's marketing has given the Arks a very dark personification which I feel misrepresents them and in my case kept me from even looking closely at them. Maybe there is a slightly dark bias there, but they're versatile enough to be just about anything you would care make of them. Given the choice between Arks 1 + 2 and NI Symphonic, I'd take the Arks in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Bill the Lesser

Thanks Bill. I still do see vouchers mentioned on the Inspire 1 page as of this moment, however.
View attachment 16869
Hey thanks for that! I'll bring this up with OT support tomorrow and let you know. Of course the catch (for me) would be that I doubt I would buy anything from OT except on sale and they have specifically disallowed e-vouchers for that case. Life is like that.

whiskers

Perpetual student
Inspire is way the heck more interesting than NI symphonic stuff, in the sense that the OT patches are inherently quite expressive if not positively dramatic. There's just no comparison and very little overlap even on the plainer patches like the string sections which in the Ark series embody several very distinctively different sounds.

The Arks really aren't a headbanger trailer instrument, although they could do that sort of stuff if asked. There are no exaggerated rise+hits, for instance. I think it will get a lot of use from me over say Hollywood Orchestra and EWSO which I have used quite a bit, which is the opposite of what I thought until I actually started looking at the patches. The OT stuff is very expressive, but in a somewhat understated way, if that makes any sense. They evoke a some minimalist modern sensibility, neo-classic if you like. I think they're perfect for cinematic work and with the Arks in particular it's possible to put together really excellent cues to cover an entire feature without using anything else. FWIW the Arks cover a much bigger ground than the Inspires, if you need to buy just one, it's worth making a stretch for the Arks IMHO. There is quite a bit of overlap between the Inspires and the Arks, although they each have somewhat distinctive personalities. The Arks are kind of the Inspires on steroids, or somethin...
You're not making this easy to say no to :P

Top Bottom