What's new

SampleLogic Empyreal - do we need it?

kilgurt

What is your impression?

PHARLIGHT, STRAYLIGHT, ASHLIGHT - Empyrlight?

Intro: -140US$

What is your impression?

PHARLIGHT, STRAYLIGHT, ASHLIGHT - Empyrlight?

Intro: -140US$
Exactly my first impression, the light series :) ......this seems more a shrinking or adaption to something "in" compared to the exisiting stuff (apart from the prize of course.....) then a real devellopment. I have to repeat myself: samplelogic really have seem to lost connection in a way, from leader to follower just trying to keep track. But still the same prizes.

Seems to be nothing much else on offer with Empyreal for owners of Straylight, Pharlight or Ashlight...?
The engines from both developers are pretty similar in functionality unless I'm missing something here?

Seems to be nothing much else on offer with Empyreal for owners of Straylight, Pharlight or Ashlight...?
The engines from both developers are pretty similar in functionality unless I'm missing something here?
I appreciate this perspective. I saw the video for empyreal and was somewhat intrigued because I don't own anything like this. But I'm also still on Komplete Ultimate 11 and will be upgrading at some point so I'll most likely end up with pharlight and straylight in the future so there's no pressing need to jump on this.

I appreciate this perspective. I saw the video for empyreal and was somewhat intrigued because I don't own anything like this. But I'm also still on Komplete Ultimate 11 and will be upgrading at some point so I'll most likely end up with pharlight and straylight in the future so there's no pressing need to jump on this.
I'm not a Komplete user but I do have all three of the "Lights" that are definitely more than one really needs for quickly creating atmospheric underscore especially if using ones own field recordings which I do fairly often especially when the job offers you more time to be creative.

You might wonder why I have all three of the series if they can all import but I actually value the three differing sample collections that come with each for blending sometimes with my own imported samples. Just like Sample Logics version the engine is great for truly making your own unique sounds harnessing their samples should you choose. I've been doing it for years with Absynth but the moment sample import was introduced with Kontakt 6 it was only a matter of time before all the developers started taking advantage of this feature.

Hence unless one particularly finds the content samples that come with these kind of libraries intriguing, libraries which to all tense and purposes are really sound manglers with bonus samples, one only really needs one of these types of engines for this genre of sound-scaping. For those who haven't acquired any of the NI trilogy or other similar offerings from other developers I'm sure you can't go wrong with this new one from Sample Logic either. The GUI is certainly extremely similar to the NI Light series engine!

This is not from the "light" but from the "play" series only but as its not clear for me what empyrealm really is (and if its as deep as the light series) might be worth a try for evryone looking something like empyrealm, and its free ;):

Top Bottom