What's new

Sample Logic & Soundiron Introduce Modern Animated Percussion

Sample Logic & Soundiron introduce the world’s most modern drum machine: Modern Animated Percussion.

Modern Animated Percussion redefines everything you know about percussion and rhythms. Built for the full version of Kontakt, MAP contains over 6,000 sounds and instrument presets. The intuitive design and programming of every preset delivers infinite options for sound sculpting. Packed with creative presets, the effortless user interface makes it easy to conjure rhythmic timbres and tones.

MAP AT A GLANCE
  • One of a kind collaboration between SAMPLE LOGIC & SOUNDIRON
  • 6,000+ hand crafted sounds & instrument presets
  • 13,800+ samples weighing 5+GB (samples are delivered at 44.1kHz / 24-bit)
  • Dynamic “all-in-one” tag-based preset browsing system all within the UI
  • Proprietary 4-core Step Animator & Hot-swappable dynamic FX engine
  • Entirely “randomizable” performance engine for instant and infinite inspiration

Modern Animated Percussion is on sale now for only $249.00 (MSRP $349)
Hurry, Sale Ends May 22nd!

Learn more here: https://soundiron.com/products/modern-animated-percussion

chillbot

Sock Muppet
Why did you name is "animated" percussion? When I hear that the first thing I think of is that you made a library geared toward cartoon composers. Just curious.

Last edited by a moderator:

sostenuto

Big NKS Fan !
Why did you name is "animated" percussion? When I hear that the first thing I think of is that you made a library geared toward cartoon composers. Just curious.
Very interested but from keyboardist perspective .... what do I compare this to ?
Have tons of drum /percussion /loop libs.
COMMERCIAL Thread (I know) but interested and need broader view after watching videos here.

bfreepro

Infinite Musical Possibilites

an·i·mat·ed
/ˈanəˌmādəd/
adjective
  1. 1.
    full of life or excitement; lively.
I most certainly didn't think of cartoons when I heard the name, that's just me though.

JunoVHS

So excited this is finally out, working on some of the presets was a real joy. From a UI perspective, it's intuitive, clean and easy to use. It's incredibly quick to build an original drum loop that just works. Congrats team!

bfreepro

Infinite Musical Possibilites
Very interested but from keyboardist perspective .... what do I compare this to ?
Have tons of drum /percussion /loop libs.
COMMERCIAL Thread (I know) but interested and need broader view after watching videos here.
It's similar to other Sample Logic libraries, with the 4 core interface, but it's just more specialized and versatile IMO. You have highly processed presets, but you also have organic/natural percussion sound sources as well. The presets have "loops" in the sense that they have sequencers programmed to perform these samples in various patterns, but you can also program your own sequences, swap out sound sources, add and remove effects, etc. There are multiple videos aside from the trailer that kind of go in depth with it, also on Sample Logic's site as well as Soundiron. I was able to get many sounds from it, from insanely aggressive hybrid/electronic styles, soft and intimate organic/ethnic percussion like hand drums and shakers, and then even more modern pop/trap styles :)

I think it actually looks pretty cool.

Side note, I'm still perpetually annoyed by the incredibly (and increasingly) aggressive intro pricing gags that try to capitalize on FOMO, but that said I do think based on the videos that it appears to be a pretty streamlined and fun hybrid/combo of percussion sequencing/loops.

Top Bottom