Sample logic Drum Fury

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by axb312, Feb 19, 2019.

1. axb312

axb312 Senior Member

Jun 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  2. Goldie Zwecker

Goldie Zwecker Active Member

Feb 1, 2017
    Watched the demo walkthru. Didn't understand what's the big deal and what does it offer that isn't already out there. I was kind of expecting that if sample logic are going to do something like this they are going to use their special engine like in Rhythmology where you get loops and ways to manipulate them, or the quad engine you get in morphestra and the ways to manipulate samples there.
    There are numerous libraries that offer single instruments or kits/ensembles, with and without phrases and loops so i'm trying to understand what's the big deal here.

zimm83 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    axb312

axb312 Senior Member

Jun 26, 2016
    Doesn't sound so great to me either... just wondering if I'm not hearing something or....

4. mouse

mouse Active Member

Oct 20, 2016
    I'd look at Red Room Audio Saga instead

5. Consona

Consona Senior Member

Aug 5, 2011
    After listening to the YT videos, I'd buy this instantly if I didn't have so many drum libs already. The sound is really good, to my ears. Very clean, full, yet not "over-hyped or over-aggressive" like Damage for example, or way too wet or old-school sounding, or anything. For $99 this seems great.

Fleer and vewilya like this.
  6. mouse

mouse Active Member

Oct 20, 2016
    The sound is definitely great and nice and clean. It just doesn't do anything new compared to the others out there really

Goldie Zwecker likes this.
  7. Fleer

Fleer No Method

Dec 12, 2014
    Boston/Cambridge
    Same here, sweet spot for me.
    Edit: checked it out some more. Indeed, sounding full as well as natural and clean. Great samples, quality job.
    Will enjoy this one :elephant:

8. X-Bassist

X-Bassist Senior Member

Sep 26, 2015
    For someone starting out this seems like a pretty good deal. But my three concerns are:

1) No mention of velocity layers OR round robins. Are there soft or loud samples? Or just one hit per key? Also round robins are very important for percussion. Yet nether are mentioned anywhere. Yikes.

2) No multi mic patches, all mic positions are separate nki's - not sure why, even if you have separate patches, you would not include multi mic patches *** unless the mics don't mix well together (phasing, reflections, miss micing, or some articulations not having all the mic positions recorded)

3) There is a decent amount of Kontakt processing added on the nki's- if you freeze the video you can see they are adding compression and eq (adding highs and lows, pulling out mids aroung 800hz) in addition to the two combo processor sliders which adds even more. Although this is not unusual, I can hear the processing in the video and wonder what it sounds like without kontakt processing and adjusting multiple mics (multiple kontakt instances) to get a more natural, balanced sound.

I too already have far too much percussion, but for those who have purchased it would be good to know first of all how the close/far mic nki's mix together. Considering how much percussion is in this, it might be worth the cost just to find out. ;)