What's new

Sample Library Concepts - Put Yours Below!!

I'd love to see Spitfire samples inside OT's Capsule engine; in particular, I think their elegant articulation crossfading system needs to be everywhere!

Also, a "roll-your-own-Evo-grid" shell library would be pretty awesome.

I’ll go completely against my other post and put forth one that is only ensemble noise. Air, room noise, breathing, occasional ever so slight notion of page turning, very slight and occasional bow click, etc. More than just the room tone patch that Cinesamples put out ages ago.

I’ll go completely against my other post and put forth one that is only ensemble noise. Air, room noise, breathing, occasional ever so slight notion of page turning, very slight and occasional bow click, etc. More than just the room tone patch that Cinesamples put out ages ago.

Just load up Tundra's close mics on any patch :grin:

Northern Sounds had this if I remember rightly. You might still be able to find the Kontakt instrument on the internet. VirtuaSonic have a library of concert noises I have as well. Both are really useful, but yeah I'd second a library for this.

John Williams Runs, Thomas Newman Keys, Daniel James Pulses, Nobuo Uematsu Triple A Toolkit, Ramin Djawadi Solo Strings, Pharrell Rhythm Beds, Vangelis Vintage Synths... Oh and a Michael Giacchino Animators Sound.
There already is a Daniel James pulses, check out the Hybrid Two stuff and Hybrid Tools 1. That's all his. I think the Vangelis idea is great! Has a real CS80 ever been sampled? Not just emulated but actually sampled? That would be pretty awesome. Djawadi solo strings is an instant buy as well haha. What I would give for that GoT solo cello sound!

GkysdfY.png

This is like my worst nightmare. How about just more libraries that create unique tools for composers to manipulate and find their own inspiration in?

Goggle up "CS-80 samples" it seems to have been done, but not sure there are any active sales or freebie links for it. Hollow Sun might have done it? ED you around?

Why find your own inspiration when you can just pay several hundred dollars to feed off of someone else’s?
Mozart fed off of inspiration from Bach, Bach fed off of inspiration from Monteverdi, Beethoven fed off of inspiration from Mozart, John Williams fed off of inspiration from Holst. It’s about how you can take the things that your inspired by and make them your own. Taking concepts and combining them, augmenting them, simplifying them, screwing around with them, you get some pretty neat stuff!

Last edited:
I'd love to get other solo voices recorded (male and female) and turned into playable true legato VIs like Audio Imperia did with Merethe Soltvedt in Jaeger. Not necessarily famous vocalists - just great singing voices. Some safe/generic and some really odd timbres (husky, nasal, ethnic voices from different parts of the world, etc.) I'd be all over that.

Oh, and where can I pre-order Daniel James' Vision of Hans Zimmer Strings? I'd pay $800 for that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom