What's new

Sample Library Concepts - Put Yours Below!!

Haha, cool idea!
Funny thing: when listening to Alexandre Desplat's music I often think it already sounds like Spitfire samples. Even if it's a real recording it meets the sound aesthetic of SF.

I don’t know exactly what it’d be, but I’d love for something based on what Marty O’Donnell did on the Halo franchise.

Also, I’d love for Spitfire to do a Hans Zimmer Brass, and a Hans Zimmer Woodwinds, that way they could make a Hans Zimmer Orchestra bundle, I’d certainly buy that!!!

I'd like good, comprehensive, versatile orchestral libraries that I can use to write my own music. It should have all the instruments of a section in it and sound good. Oh wait.

It doesn't have to name drop at all and also doesn't have to say "Spitfire" on the graphic ... :sleep:

I never said it has to name drop or have Spitfire on the graphic. That's just where my mind automatically ran to because each of those composers have their own distinct style.

I want to hear any and all ideas you guys have. What other tools you want to have in your toolkit, based on specific sounds / styles that you love.

Die Bremer Kammerphilharmonie recorded by Tony Faulkner and programmed by either Sonokinetic or VSL. Or Royal Concertgebouw Chamber Strings. It would take a miracle for any of these to happen I am afraid. So, in absence of that, I am looking forward to a comprehensive strings library by Sonokinetic (not phrase based, but individual sections with a lot of articulations).

Well if it doesn't have to be limited to Spitfire, I would love to see Eduardo Tarilonte (@TARI) sampling the inside out of Yann Tiersen his studio.
Instead of Ancient ERA Persia, a Modern ERA France or something :)
Eduardo Tarilonte is one of my favorites! Really awesome guy, and super talented. Always looking forward to new products from him.

Eduardo Tarilonte is one of my favorites! Really awesome guy, and super talented. Always looking forward to new products from him.

Great to hear and likewise here, loving and using his products already for many years and always looking forward to see his next products :)

You know what I’d really want more than anything (and I doubt a single person here will know who I’m talking about) is an Arca sound design library, take all of his sounds and samples from &&&&&, Xen, Mutant, etc. and through into a library.

I’d pay well over $1k for that...

Loving those covers man well done!
I want to see Spitfire do an intro drug chamber orchestra 2000-3000 samples, individual instruments, $99.

At this point I’m much less interested in the sample library version of someone else’s concept that’s developed over years and recorded with live players. Of course there are exceptions. And with all the ideas and opinions regarding libraries and VI’s here it seems like we could kickstart something that’s worthwhile and unique.

Why not a library that’s a built on the strengths of past library concepts but that embraces what sampling can do and not what it can’t do (sound like a live ensemble)? Something like a granular synthesis string and brass library that’s less “Epic” or electronic-sounding than what Output just put out and also more able to be written for in the same (ish) way an actual orchestra would be written for...instead of an FX library. Or orchestral and other instrument samples that are made with the intent of running them through granular, spectral-morphing, more exotic and unreal convolution. Or something along the lines of Ligeti’s micropolyphony stuff but without readymade one-shots. I dunno...something a little different with a longer shelf life possibly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom