What's new

Sample-import synth with a multi-track view?

Tim Clarke

I'm just curious if any of the (now) many synths that do "user sample importing" offer a multi-track, DAW-like view where you could really line up, say, your four oscillator elements visually. Maybe even adjust certain basic synthesis parameters (volume, panning, filters, ADSR) visually as well.

Probably a pipe-dream, and maybe this tool would be more of a sampler than synth, but I was watching that Roland video of Eric Persing's tear-down of some of his iconic Roland D-50 patches (soundtrack, digital native dance, etc.), where he talks about different partials/waveforms coming in and out at different times etc., and I thought combining the visual sound-editing ease of a DAW like Logic or Pro Tools with a synth where you can play back via MIDI instantly while tweaking synthesis parameters and get that audio feedback along with the visual feedback would be pretty cool...

It's not exactly what you're asking, but PhasePlant can load samples:

1616618170492.png

Given that you manually set the correct zoom, it should be possible to align samples with oscillators and wavetables.

It's not exactly what you're asking, but PhasePlant can load samples:

1616618170492.png

Given that you manually set the correct zoom, it should be possible to align samples with oscillators and wavetables.

Thanks - another synth I'm not really familiar with!

Top Bottom