Sample Developers Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by robgb, May 10, 2019.

1. robgb

robgb I was young once

Apr 6, 2016
    Maybe it's just me, but I don't think only Spitfire (and this is no hit against them—they deserve praise as well) should be singled out for appreciation. There are a ton of developers, both big and small, who work their butts off to create the tools we need to make our music.

Thank you to all of you for enriching my life. Especially you smaller, scrappy developers who have to work even harder to compete with the big fish.

Tell us who you appreciate.

I'll start by saying that Audio Modeling has made my life so much easier with their amazing string libraries.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  2. chocobitz825

chocobitz825 Senior Member

Aug 7, 2018
    8Dio gets a lot of shit here. But I appreciate their products and find myself gravitating toward their stuff often. I've recently come to appreciate Audiobro, Spitfire, Auddict, Puremagnetik, Orchestral Tools, Strezov and a bunch of other developers that offer similar conceptual products, but with such varied character and execution that cycling through them is like working with different musicians in the studio. So many options to inspire creativity.

3. OP
    OP
    robgb

robgb I was young once

Apr 6, 2016
    I love everything I've bought from 8Dio.

4. Sean

Sean I don't know what I'm talking about

Apr 5, 2019
    My favorite dev has to be Orange Tree Samples just because Greg is the perfect example of what to do as a developer

5. Jimmy Hellfire

Jimmy Hellfire Senior Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Austria
    Very impressed with Alex Wallbank & Cinematic Studio Series. No big talk, no frills, no nothing - just incredibly solid releases with incredibly fair pricing.

Despite the recent heat and skepticism, still a fan of VSL. When their stuff works, it just works so well, it's extremely reliable and I always keep coming back to their libraries for their really natural, realistic sound, free of cheese and cheap pomp.

Then there's Spitfire, but that's not allowed in this thread. :P

Some of my other faves are Eduardo Tarilonte's period and ethnic libraries. It's just so useful and inspiring to have this whole palette of interesting sounds at one's disposal.

6. zimm83

zimm83 Senior Member

Jun 23, 2017
    France
    Orchestral Tools changed my musical life.
    Sounds, functionnalities, ...
    Fantastic !
    And i add the Ethera vocals by Stefano M . Excellent.
    But really, OT is The Best for me.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    AlexanderSchiborr likes this.
  7. KallumS

KallumS Active Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Camden, London
    Another vote for 8dio - I find their percussion libraries some of the best.

Orchestral Tools are probably my favourite developer right now. Inspire 1, 2 and Ark 1, 2 are my main libraries. I'm looking forward to when they allow purchases of individual patches.

Also Best Service (Harmonic Subtones), I'm in love with the Emotional Cello and Violin.

richardt4520 and robgb like this.
  8. chocobitz825

Aug 7, 2018
    Ah one extra vote for Performance Samples. Fluid Shorts are a godsend!

9. Sopranos

Sopranos Senior Member

Jul 22, 2010
    I certainly appreciate Stefan who develops the Ethera series. Some of the best valued libraries and always in here answering questions/concerns.

10. Tice

Tice Active Member

Jun 10, 2018
    I'd like to mention AmpleSound here, I LOVE their stuff!

11. Carson

Carson New Member

Jan 22, 2019
    Impact Soundworks - Django Gypsy Guitar... incredible.

TigerTheFrog, robgb and chocobitz825 like this.
  12. Shredoverdrive

Shredoverdrive Active Member

Feb 7, 2018
    Eduardo Tarilonte, Fluffy audio and Chris Hein for me.

13. Robert_G

Robert_G It really is just an expensive hobby for me

Feb 6, 2019
    Had a puchase price issue with 8dio a few weeks ago. Without getting into details....i wasnt ignored and they made it right fairly quickly. Thumbs up...

robgb and chocobitz825 like this.
  14. dzilizzi

dzilizzi I know nothing

Feb 27, 2017
    Somewhere near Los Angeles
    8dio has been great to me. Customer service is always good.

I also have had really great experiences with ISW, Soundiron, Orange Tree Samples, Embertone and Toontrack. I'm sure there are more, but I'm blanking right now. They all make great products and I really haven't been disappointed with any of it.

gregjazz, richardt4520, robgb and 2 others like this.
  15. chocobitz825

Aug 7, 2018
    I am curious about libraries that exceeded people’s expectations. Maybe something from lesser known developers?

16. jbuhler

jbuhler Senior Member

Jun 19, 2016
    US
    Just so many. Here's a few that come immediately to mind. @StefanoM and the Ethera line—incredible value in every one of these libraries I have. Fluffy Audio's Dominus remains a marvel and I eagerly await Dominus 2. Performance Samples' Oceania is just so much fun (and currently on sale).

17. Ryan99

Ryan99 Senior Member

Jul 9, 2013
    There's many developers worth mentioning, but I agree with 8Dio. I had great experiences with customer service, especially recently. I received many free products to complete bundles that were on sale, since I had already paid more for parts of the bundles.

18. Ashermusic

Ashermusic Senior Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Los Angeles
    For me, in alphabetical order: ArtVista, Chocolate Audio, Cinematic Studio, EastWest, Embertone, Fluffy Audio, Indiginus, Kirk Hunter Studios. Pettinhouse, Realtone, & Spectrasonics.

19. OP
    OP
    robgb

robgb I was young once

Apr 6, 2016
    I want to second Kirk Hunter Studios. I think too many people dismiss Kirk's libraries here, but they are mostly solid libraries with terrific scripting.

20. michelsimons

michelsimons Active Member

Jan 24, 2018
    Delft
    Nice thread, Rob. For me it's too many to mention. Maybe it's because I have almost never been disappointed by a developer, great or small. Only by my own inability to put their products to good use.

robgb and dzilizzi like this.