What's new

Sale extended 07.01.2021 - MIR Pro & CFX + Pummerin Bell Freebie

Ben

VSL
1608031576368.png

MIR Pro is on sale starting right now until the end of the year!
Combined with the current 3+1 Voucher sale you can save up to almost 50% compared to the regular price!
Already a MIR user? This is a great time and opportunity to get additional roompacks. And if you are already a lucky owner of the Roompack 6 - Synchron Stage Vienna, check out the download area in MyVSL and install the MIRx Mode for the Synchron Stage!
Check it out here: https://www.vsl.co.at/News/2020-12_MIR_Special

We also discounted the https://www.vsl.co.at/Synchron_Pianos_Bundle/Yamaha_CFX (Yamaha CFX): € 190 (Standard), € 365 (Full) - this can also be combined with the 3+1 voucher sale.
Get it here: https://www.vsl.co.at/Synchron_Pianos_Bundle/Yamaha_CFX

Check out the "Studio Chat" with Alan Meyerson, where he talks about his experience using MIR Pro on mixing "Mank":

--- Edit: Sale Extended + Pummerin bell Freebie ---

Happy new year! I hope you had a good start into 2021 :)

We extended the BBO, MIR and Synchron CFX sale until the 7th January.
And let's not stop there: We want to welcome 2021 with a free set of Pummerin bell samples - available as wave-Files for free!

Simply click the download button on the right to trigger the wave-download of the mic positions!
1609508086586.png

Also, feel free to download the BBO wallpapers + Instrument Range Posters, also available on the same page :)

Yours, Ben

Last edited:
Wow, my dreams became reality! 
Absolutely amazing – thank you VSL team!

Quick question about the vouchers once again: If the amount I want to spend is slightly lower than the total voucher value – can I still use them? Or does the amount HAVE to be higher than the voucher value?

Wow, my dreams became reality! 
Absolutely amazing – thank you VSL team!

Quick question about the vouchers once again: If the amount I want to spend is slightly lower than the total voucher value – can I still use them? Or does the amount HAVE to be higher than the voucher value?
This is why when I buy them, I NEVER buy the big vouchers. I buy every voucher as 100$ vouchers. That way, I can get as close as possible to the price in my cart and only have to spend cash on the little bit that goes above my final 100$ increment.

I was happy for CFX sale at first...
But when I was doing checkout for std ver I realized if I use voucher I have to pay extra 90 euro for it since the price is not high enough for a second voucher........
Getting complex now :crying: what should I do :crying: You should bring two pianos for sale VSL:crying:

1608031576368.png

Combined with the current 3+1 Voucher sale you can save up to almost 50% compared to the regular price!
Already a MIR user? This is a great time and opportunity to get additional roompacks. And if you are already a lucky owner of the Roompack 6 - Synchron Stage Vienna, check out the download area in MyVSL and install the MIRx Mode for the Synchron Stage!

We also discounted the https://www.vsl.co.at/Synchron_Pianos_Bundle/Yamaha_CFX (Yamaha CFX): € 190 (Standard), € 365 (Full) - this can also be combined with the 3+1 voucher sale.

Check out the "Studio Chat" with Alan Meyerson, where he talks about his experience using MIR Pro on mixing "Mank":

Ben, whats the difference between MIR ROOMPacks Bundle and the MIRx Bundle? Can you use MIR Pro with just the MIRx Bundle or do you have to buy the MIR ROOMpacks too? Does MIR Pro include any of the RoomPacks when you purchase it? Thanks!!

1608031576368.png

I thought of the same idea as Alan, which is it would be great if one could not only adjust the width of each section/instrument inside MIR Pro but also the depth too like adjusting the Back mics of that section like one can with the Synchron Player. It would also be cool if MIR Pro 2 could add High mics, High Surround mics, Surround mics, Wide Outrigger mics, and Ambient mics for each IR Roompack.

Last edited:
MIR is on my list but I spent too much on BF, so I guess it will have to wait for the next sale. :sad:

Ben, whats the difference between MIR ROOMPacks Bundle and the MIRx Bundle? Can you use MIR Pro with just the MIRx Bundle or do you have to buy the MIR ROOMpacks too? Does MIR Pro include any of the RoomPacks when you purchase it? Thanks!!

MirPro does not include any room packs ,you must buy at least one room pack in addition to MirPro to have anything functional.

MIRx is totally separate from MirPro, the MIRx bundle does not enable all those room packs in MirPro. If you buy MirPro, you have to buy the MirPro room packs..

The only thing MirPro can do, is it can go into MIRx mode, and can read the MIRx presets. Presets are not room packs. Presets have to do with how you configure the virtual mic array, room eq, instrument character presets, arrangement of players in the room, etc. So MirPro is able to load up the MIRx presets that cover all that stuff...but not the actual room IR's.... For that you have to buy MirPro room packs to use in MirPro.

MIRx is intended to be a much more simple system that provides pre-canned setups (in the MIRx presets) with the IR's of numerous rooms...but you have no flexibility to really change anything...and MIRx basically works from inside the VI player directly. Its a much simplified (and less expensive) way to get a variety of room sounds from within the VI instrument player.

But if you want complete flexibility and the ability to arrange players on the stage and use third party instruments, etc..you need either MirPro or MirPro 24, and in addition you will need at least one MirPro room pack.

Sometimes I wish I had the MIRx capability in addition to MirPro just for when I'm sketching with VSL VI instruments and don't want to have to load up all of MirPro and configure the stage, etc. I wish they would have included that capability for MirPro users...and for me its too much money to justify buying MIRx in addition to MirPro...so I make do without it. They ought to offer a more affordable cross grade price from MirPro to MIRx, I'd probably do that if they did it, just for that one added convenience...

But anyway, they don't...so MirPro is really far better over all, but its considerably more money for sure, but really MIRx is just for people that are using primarily VI instruments and don't want to hassle with the complexities of MirPro.

It would also be cool if MIR Pro 2 could add High mics, High Surround mics, Surround mics, Wide Outrigger mics, and Ambient mics for each IR Roompack.
MIR's whole concept relies on Ambisonics from top to bottom. Ambisonics is a coincident format by definition (think "three-dimensional M/S"), so there won't/can't be outriggers or other kind of A/B mics.

What MIR already offers now are options for so-called Secondary Microphones. They are the first choice for ambient mics or off-set true surround channels, so you won't miss much in that respect. What will be introduced with the upcoming MIR 3D (or whatever it will be called in the end) is the possibility to get higher-order Ambisonics decoding in the third dimension, too, for any kind of output aimed for Auro-, Atmos- or other immersive audio formats.

Dietz, what other kind of stuff besides 3D will be added to MirPro2? I personally have no interest in the 3D audio stuff, but I very well could be interested in other general improvements to MirPro2...depending on what they are and how much it will cost.

MIR's whole concept relies on Ambisonics from top to bottom. Ambisonics is a coincident format by definition (think "three-dimensional M/S"), so there won't/can't be outriggers or other kind of A/B mics.

What MIR already offers now are options for so-called Secondary Microphones. They are the first choice for ambient mics or off-set true surround channels, so you won't miss much in that respect. What will be introduced with the upcoming MIR 3D (or whatever it will be called in the end) is the possibility to get higher-order Ambisonics decoding in the third dimension, too, for any kind of output aimed for Auro-, Atmos- or other immersive audio formats.
Will there be an upgrade path from MIR Pro to “MIR 3D” or whatever they call it?

I'm just an audio guy and can't anticipate VSL's marketing decisions, but I'll encourage that idea! ;)

Just curious - since MIR Pro doesn't come with any actual usable rooms, and one must buy at least one room pack to get started - what does the 30 day demo include as far as rooms? I don't have a Steinberg key, and before I get one (literally just to demo MIR), I'd like to know what comes with..

Just curious - since MIR Pro doesn't come with any actual usable rooms, and one must buy at least one room pack to get started - what does the 30 day demo include as far as rooms? I don't have a Steinberg key, and before I get one (literally just to demo MIR), I'd like to know what comes with..
You can demo all roompacks for 30 days as well.

You can demo all roompacks for 30 days as well.

Whoa. That's... pretty cool.

What about the upgrade from MIR Pro 24 to full MIR Pro - what is that price (can't seem to find it), and if one chose to upgrade during the sale window - is that upgrade price also discounted?

Really encouraged by this, and thanks for the free Synchron upgrade! I appreciate that VSL had to develop something to compete against the other ambient libraries, but I'm hopeful this signals that MIR + VI Libraries still have a big future. Long live flexibility and good legato! (hides under table :whistling:).....

Top Bottom