What's new

SALE: BBO: Andromeda Expansion Set & Dimension Strings + Bonus Content

Is Andromeda always in 8va? So when you play a C4 you hear C4 and C5 even when you play without the piccolo?

(Broken Link Removed)

Yes - Big Bang Orchestra: Andromeda is getting an expansion set
- and if you already have Andromeda, it’s simply a free download for you here!

Not so lucky and still missing BBO: Andromeda? It’s now on sale, so get it here!

BBO: Andromeda’s Con Sordino Expansion Set focuses on the quiet side of the orchestra:
Con Sordino, played very softly in the range from pianississimo to mezzopiano.
All string and brass players play con sordino (muted), while the woodwind ensemble consists of lower register instruments
(2 alto flutes, bass flute, 2 english horns, heckelphone, 2 bass clarinets, contrabass clarinet, 2 bassoons, contrabassoon).

Newly added articulations: Short Notes, Long Notes, Espressivo, Soft Swells, Tremolo/Flutter, Half-tone trills, whole-tone trills.

Get it for € 85 (regular: €165) here: https://www.vsl.co.at/BBO_Map/BBO_Andromeda

---

1610103487269.png

Additionally, the Dimension Strings are on sale - and if you own the entire bundle (or complete/get it), you will also receive the new Dimension Strings Ponticello Bonus Files for free!

If you already own all three volumes go to MyVSL and start downloading. If not, complete the bundle here!
(Also available for the VI version here; I personally highly suggest an upgrade to the SYNCHRON-ized version while on sale, to benefit from optimized content, advanced player features, out-of-the-box experience,...)

Bonus articulations are: Staccato, Long notes, Tremolo normal, Tremolo slow

Did you know that the Dimension Strings can be used together with any string library (including 3rd party ones)?
It will add features like true divisi, expressive and lively sound thanks to complete control over each player - including the possibility to mix articulations.

Get the bundle for just € 699 (regular: €1180) here: https://www.vsl.co.at/Synchron_Package/Synchron_Dimension_Strings
(make sure you are logged in to see your personal upgrade price if you

own the VI version or parts of this bundle!)
I would like to try it out but you have an issue. I have MacBookPro M1 , BigSur with Logic Pro X - I don’t see the VSL AU instrument in the DAW. I searched for this problem and saw users reported it for Catalina and other Mac OS too.

I would like to try it out but you have an issue. I have MacBookPro M1 , BigSur with Logic Pro X - I don’t see the VSL AU instrument in the DAW. I searched for this problem and saw users reported it for Catalina and other Mac OS too.
There is definitely an AU plugin included - there might be an issue with the plugin registration, it's an old bug in MacOS. After setup try rebooting without the option to automatically reopen the apps. If I remember correctly this will trigger the rescan. If it doesn't work please contact our support: [email protected]

Also we have internally tested our software with Big Sur and M1 (Rosetta 2), and so far we haven't found any issues.

Wow, the Andromeda Con Sord patches sound incredible in the examples! I'm looking forward to dowloading.

This update makes Andromeda much more flexible. It almost seems like these new recordings are better than the original content. Really up my alley in terms of what I will use.

I wonder if this means there are more updates coming for existing BBO libraries? If so, that is exciting! Especially if it is extending the libraries in such a useful way.
Downloaded and installed using VSL, and seems this Expansion
just remains separate from existing Andromeda ..... right ? Thought to combine, but file extensions are same .....

Since you're around Ben, one more question..I bought Andromeda from timespace.com about 3 hours ago, and haven't received a serial yet..is there any issue with serials?

Since you're around Ben, one more question..I bought Andromeda from timespace.com about 3 hours ago, and haven't received a serial yet..is there any issue with serials?
Sorry, I'm not familiar with the process of the reseller (until the license is assigned there is also nothing we can do). Many reseller will have a manual process, so you might have to wait ~24h, excluding non-working days until you receive the license.

If bought from our website you'll get your license instantly.

Ben,

I have Synchron Perc 1 full and half of Synchron Perc 2 full. Is there a discount to purchase Phoenix and Quasar?

Thanks

What do you see for those products while logged in? The price it shows you reflects any available discounts.
Our shop engine can only calculate "upgrades" , so you have to contact our sales team in these scenarios.

Not sure why I didn't receive any email alerts about any of this, but now that I've gone to the website and checked my account, I was able to download the freebies and took advantage of the SYNCHRON-ized Dimension Strings bundle upgrade discount just now. Such a surprise, and well needed this week when we've had less positive things on our mind.

There is definitely an AU plugin included - there might be an issue with the plugin registration, it's an old bug in MacOS. After setup try rebooting without the option to automatically reopen the apps. If I remember correctly this will trigger the rescan. If it doesn't work please contact our support: [email protected]

Also we have internally tested our software with Big Sur and M1 (Rosetta 2), and so far we haven't found any issues.
I see the plugin is registered in the Logic, but don't see it when I want to add it as an instrument.
Restarted many times, uninstalled many times. No difference.

Just tested it in Harrison Mixbus32C - only the VST3 version is working. AU version is not working at all.

Last edited:
Not sure why I didn't receive any email alerts about any of this, but now that I've gone to the website and checked my account, I was able to download the freebies and took advantage of the SYNCHRON-ized Dimension Strings bundle upgrade discount just now. Such a surprise, and well needed this week when we've had less positive things on our mind.
I didn't get an email either. I went to my VSL account and the option to receive email newsletters is still checked, so it seems their email alert system hasn't come back from holiday yet.

if i buy the syncronized bundle, how much will the crossgrade to the vi version cost...
To be honest, i want both...Synchronized and Vi version.

Top Bottom