What's new

SALE: BBO: Andromeda Expansion Set & Dimension Strings + Bonus Content

Ben

VSL

Yes - Big Bang Orchestra: Andromeda is getting an expansion set
- and if you already have Andromeda, it’s simply a free download for you here!

Not so lucky and still missing BBO: Andromeda? It’s now on sale, so get it here!

BBO: Andromeda’s Con Sordino Expansion Set focuses on the quiet side of the orchestra:
Con Sordino, played very softly in the range from pianississimo to mezzopiano.
All string and brass players play con sordino (muted), while the woodwind ensemble consists of lower register instruments
(2 alto flutes, bass flute, 2 english horns, heckelphone, 2 bass clarinets, contrabass clarinet, 2 bassoons, contrabassoon).

Newly added articulations: Short Notes, Long Notes, Espressivo, Soft Swells, Tremolo/Flutter, Half-tone trills, whole-tone trills.

Get it for € 85 (regular: €165) here: https://www.vsl.co.at/BBO_Map/BBO_Andromeda

---

Additionally, the Dimension Strings are on sale - and if you own the entire bundle (or complete/get it), you will also receive the new Dimension Strings Ponticello Bonus Files for free!

If you already own all three volumes go to MyVSL and start downloading. If not, complete the bundle here!
(Also available for the VI version here; I personally highly suggest an upgrade to the SYNCHRON-ized version while on sale, to benefit from optimized content, advanced player features, out-of-the-box experience,...)

Bonus articulations are: Staccato, Long notes, Tremolo normal, Tremolo slow

Did you know that the Dimension Strings can be used together with any string library (including 3rd party ones)?
It will add features like true divisi, expressive and lively sound thanks to complete control over each player - including the possibility to mix articulations.

Get the bundle for just € 699 (regular: €1180) here: https://www.vsl.co.at/Synchron_Package/Synchron_Dimension_Strings
(make sure you are logged in to see your personal upgrade price if you own the VI version or parts of this bundle!)

Attachments

• 1610103487269.png
    1610103487269.png
    196.6 KB · Views: 634
Last edited:
For anyone with vouchers, note that the Dimension Strings bundle pricing ends in "99," and that vouchers must be used in full at checkout.

If you purchased €700+ in vouchers and are looking to minimize cash spend, the bundle will run you six €100 vouchers plus €99. Alternatively, you'll need to find some products in order to bump you back up into the next range in order to use an seventh voucher.

The lowest priced item I can find on the site is €32 (check out some of the VI Single Instruments, particularly in the brass range). I think Ben has previously mentioned the Vienna Whistler as a good option to consider, currently €44.

If you have MIR Pro, a MIRx extension plus a single instrument is another good way to get some (hopefully) valuable products for you while avoiding much "new cash" spend. Or, I suppose you can consider the protection plan plus another product.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben
Merchandising! We need merchandising! Add Mozartkugeln to the catalogue, and we will be able to easily round the final price!

Paolo

Merchandising! We need merchandising!
I'd love anything super small to round out the price and avoid new cash spend. Heck, a pack of stickers would be fine. But, I imagine that's not the strategy. Still, it does have me being more conservative with my vouchers and overall purchases than liberal.

Either way, they have a lot of good stuff. I just find myself spending more time on Basket math than I'd like.

Can't make any promises, but I'll talk with my colleagues about this.
Still, don't expect a quick solution, because all of us are super busy right now
- this year will be an exciting one for us and hopefully for you as well (of course I can't reveal any details yet ;) )

Is there any walktrough or demo of Dimension Strings I that showcases the different vibrato types?
I checked the VSL demos but couldn’t really find something ...

Additionally, the Dimension Strings are on sale - and if you own the entire bundle (or complete/get it), you will also receive the new Dimension Strings Ponticello Bonus Files for free!
Ben, since I own both the VI and Sy'zd Dimension Strings bundles, I should see the bonus packs in my MyVSL list. I can't see them there, so I would like to ask if it is just a matter of waiting, or I have to do something to get them.

Paolo

The ppp level of the new Andromeda is out of the world… It's fantastic!

My acoustic voyeurism is pushing me to listen to what is in the soloed mics when the spotted instrument is not playing because out of the range. A good match to Fornax's piano resonance mics!

Paolo

Last edited:
Wow! Great start to '21.. thanks VSL ;)
Dimension Strings getting some love is great, I use them often.
Also great that the free DS update applies to both the VI versions and SYS'd - very cool to see the VI platform getting additional content.

Last edited:
Is there any walktrough or demo of Dimension Strings I that showcases the different vibrato types?
I checked the VSL demos but couldn’t really find something ...
There is a walkthrough for the violins, "Dimension Strings I Patch Overview": https://www.vsl.co.at/Dimension_Strings_Bundle/Vienna_Dimension_Strings_I#!Video_Demos

Starting from 4:24 - 11:00 you can hear the 3 different vibrato variants and the performance transition articulations.
Keep in mind that the performance trills will not only work for trills but also for fast runs and ostinatos.
I recommend to get the SYNCHRON-ized variant - it has the same content and base sound if you turn off the reverb, but optimized algorithms for transitions, crossfades and releases. Also the handling is much easier thanks to the advanced interface and preset structure.

Ben, since I own both the VI and Sy'zd Dimension Strings bundles, I should see the bonus packs in my MyVSL list. I can't see them there, so I would like to ask if it is just a matter of waiting, or I have to do something to get them.

Paolo
Make sure to select "Synchron Library Downloads" and click on "Date" to see the newest downloads on top:
1610124400501.png

If it's not there please PM me your email address and I'll look it up in our system!

There is a walkthrough for the violins, "Dimension Strings I Patch Overview": https://www.vsl.co.at/Dimension_Strings_Bundle/Vienna_Dimension_Strings_I#!Video_Demos

Starting from 4:24 - 11:00 you can hear the 3 different vibrato variants and the performance transition articulations.
Keep in mind that the performance trills will not only work for trills but also for fast runs and ostinatos.
I recommend to get the SYNCHRON-ized variant - it has the same content and base sound if you turn off the reverb, but optimized algorithms for transitions, crossfades and releases. Also the handling is much easier thanks to the advanced interface and preset structure.
Thank you! This helped alot.

Wow, the Andromeda Con Sord patches sound incredible in the examples! I'm looking forward to dowloading.

This update makes Andromeda much more flexible. It almost seems like these new recordings are better than the original content. Really up my alley in terms of what I will use.

I wonder if this means there are more updates coming for existing BBO libraries? If so, that is exciting! Especially if it is extending the libraries in such a useful way.

Enthusiastic early start with BBO and lost momentum just after Andromeda.
This Update is a great stimulus and will revisit later modules to begin 'catch-up' .....
THX for this !! :inlove:

Wow, the Andromeda Con Sord patches sound incredible in the examples! I'm looking forward to dowloading.

This update makes Andromeda much more flexible. It almost seems like these new recordings are better than the original content. Really up my alley in terms of what I will use.

I wonder if this means there are more updates coming for existing BBO libraries? If so, that is exciting! Especially if it is extending the libraries in such a useful way.
That wouldn't surprise me given how many libraries they have recorded since then. Seems appropriate they would have found additional improvements along the way. I am looking forward to updating tonight.

This is quite a specific question, but if Ben or anyone else can answer, it would be aprreciated (I don't think the VSL Chat Bot can help..). I have Big Bang Solaris (and I just bought Andromeda). In the octave and scale runs there is a "ringing" and a "cut" articulation. But if I hold down a note in the cut, it just keeps holding the last note, like the ringing articulation. It doesn't cut. And if I cut it by lifting a finger, then it's no different than doing the same action using the ringing articulation. Am I missing something?

This is quite a specific question, but if Ben or anyone else can answer, it would be aprreciated (I don't think the VSL Chat Bot can help..). I have Big Bang Solaris (and I just bought Andromeda). In the octave and scale runs there is a "ringing" and a "cut" articulation. But if I hold down a note in the cut, it just keeps holding the last note, like the ringing articulation. It doesn't cut. And if I cut it by lifting a finger, then it's no different than doing the same action using the ringing articulation. Am I missing something?
Here is the info you are looking for: https://www.vsl.info/instruments/bbo/bbo-s#octave-runs-key

Top Bottom