What's new

SAD NEWS @Brainworks

OP
novaburst

novaburst

Wishing the best to the Brainworx crew and for that matter everyone in Europe affected by this tragedy
Yes thanks for reminding Germany got hit very bad we also in the UK got hit in London never before happen,

Yes all in Europe we wish you well

• Love
Reactions: EgM

Toecutter

Let's end this peacefully

I thinks theses guys make some great plugins very sad to find out that there premises Got flooded out and damaged a lot of equipment

A lot of unforeseen circumstances in this world we wish them all the best
Damn that sucks so much! bx plugins are my favorite of the bunch, I like how they kept positive despite the disaster... will definitely buy some merch and help!

visiblenoise

Lots of respect to Dirk and company for trying to deal with this without accepting donations. Best wishes from me too (and probably some purchases)!

OP
novaburst

novaburst

Damn that sucks so much! bx plugins are my favorite of the bunch, I like how they kept positive despite the disaster... will definitely buy some merch and help!
They have done some very good sales and and have such a big range of plugins and offer nice mixing tip too

doctoremmet

Did not look into that, Brain works are the developer's
PA really is a collective of a diverse group of developers, selling their plugins under one “brand umbrella” moniker. The word “alliance” says it all I guess. And yes, Brainworx (mister Dirk Ulrich) is the developer that has been hit hard by the floods in Germany. He lost a lot of his hardware / gear, some of which was very valuable and rare. I think some of the current development progress has been (forever?) lost too, because the hardware they were modelling is no longer working, but I am not totally sure about that.

Last edited:

Nimrod7

Bill Kastanakis
I think some of the current development progress has been (forever?) lost too, because the hardware they were modelling is no longer working, but I am not totally sure about that.
That's a really good point. They usually model measuring specific hardware (components). Aging, and the unit itself matters a lot since there are variances.
I have seen the racks collected somewhere in their photo, hopefully there were high enough not to get water damage. :(

doctoremmet

That's a really good point. They usually model measuring specific hardware (components). Aging, and the unit itself matters a lot since there are variances.
I have seen the racks collected somewhere in their photo, hopefully there were high enough not to get water damage. :(
From the blog:

“The iconic BX main studio was completely destroyed in this disaster, and only a few pieces of outboard gear have survived the flooding. The water was standing in the whole building about 2ft (60cm) deep for many hours. The iconic NEVE VXS 72 console (one of only 9 ever made) was damaged badly and had to be sold and removed from the location asap because of mold formation that started in the building after only 48 hours. The big PMC MB2-XBD main speakers were destroyed as well as a rare power amp by German legend Dieter Burmester (RIP). A lot of the racked 19” gear was damaged. Only equipment that was sitting on desks or in the higher slots of the 19” racks survived.”

He didn’t have insurance coverage for floods, since his studio wasn’t located in a “known flood risk area”. Really sad story… That NEVE console is the one they modelled in the “console N” plugin that’s on sale today for $29.99.

FlyingAndi

Only Brainworx ones will actually help bx. They’re the one developer who incurred a lot of flood damage, not PA as a whole
Well, on the blog page it says "Some of BX's partners have already reached out announced they would support this campaign as well, so stay tuned please."

So if I can help by finally buying one of the Fuchs amps, I'm in.

doctoremmet

Well, on the blog page it says "Some of BX's partners have already reached out announced they would support this campaign as well, so stay tuned please."

So if I can help by finally buying one of the Fuchs amps, I'm in.
Check. In that case I’m sure they’ll announce other support sales including plugins by other developers, in which case @sostenuto and you may be able to purchase the ones you fancy while being able to help bx in the process.

Bluemount Score

Probably never was so happy to live uphill before. Peoples houses around my place got flooded and where I live it wasn't even as bad as in other parts of Germany... no one was prepared.

Good luck to BX. These pictures make me sad.

J-M

A glorified bedroom composer...
Aww man, this sucks big time. Best of luck to the Brainworx people...

Top Bottom