What's new

S1Pro 5.5 'Chord Stack' feature not working properly (Resolved)

muziksculp

Hi,

I was testing the new Chord-Stack feature in S1Pro 5.5 , but for some reason it doesn't work properly.

I check mark the scale keyboard icon, I select the Scale from the drop down menu i.e. (Major) , I then select the Key, i.e. (C), I double click to create the root key (C) in the key editor, then press ALT and Drag Up, and what I get is not a triad chord with the expected notes. I get this , which is just the scale notes being generated, not chords :

If I choose one of the options i.e. (Major Triad), or (Minor Triad) from the scales menu, then it does produce the triad chords properly. But isn't it supposed to create chords when using i.e. Scale Modes, i.e. Harmonic Minor ? ..etc. ?

I'm not sure if this is the way it supposed to work, or something is not right with the way I'm doing this.

One more thing I need to Press ALT, then Create the Note, keep Left Mouse pressed, and drag up to create the Chord Notes. If I just double click to create the root note, then press ALT with left mouse button pressed, and drag up it won't create Chord Notes, but rather creates a new note when I stopped dragging up.

Any help in getting this to work will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Watching this video by @Lukas , he is using the Minor Triad Chord Option from the scale drop down menu. Which also works for me. But not if I use i.e. A Minor Harmonic Scale. Then I just get the scale notes stacked on each other. I'm wondering if that is the way it works, and there is nothing wrong with the way it is behaving on my system when I select a scale (i.e. Major Scale, .etc.)

Hi,

I posted this same topic on the Presonus Studio One Forum.

The moderator replied that what I'm getting is normal. Nothing is wrong, or broken.

There are only two Chords available to input via the Chord-Stack feature, Major and Minor Triad Chords. Hopefully they will add more chord options in the future. When choosing a scale, it doesn't produce triads based on that scale, you have to choose one of the two Major/Minor Triads. or have to delete notes if you choose one of the scale options to create more meaningful harmony chords.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Yep. You might like or not like it but it's indeed the correct behavior. I agree that it only makes sense for the Triad and Pentatonic scales.

I was testing the new Chord-Stack feature in S1Pro 5.5
To be exact, however, release notes doesn't say anything about chord stack. It mentions "stack notes vertically" - and that's what it does. Nothing more and nothing less.

Yep. You might like or not like it but it's indeed the correct behavior. I agree that it only makes sense for the Triad and Pentatonic scales.

To be exact, however, release notes doesn't say anything about chord stack. It mentions "stack notes vertically" - and that's what it does. Nothing more and nothing less.
Hmm.. sorry, I don't find that a useful feature.

One feature that I would love to see is a smart system that will move a Chord Progression notes based on their pitch value, to individual tracks that host Vls1, Vls2, Vlas, Celli, DBs. , basically assigning one-voice per track/string section, based on a smart algorithm.

I know this is not an easy task, and might require some AI technology to optimize the results, but it would be super cool to have this functionality. I don't think any DAW has this type of feature.

Instead of these gimmicks (strum feature included - randomized note starts is a much more realistic strum / harp gliss technique), I hope they instead focus on fixing the bugs and adding the basic functionality their competitors have.

Incidentally, Studio One's relative weakness in the chord/scale/key recognition/creation department is one reason why I seriously considered Reaper. They have a JS plugin that pretty much accomplishes what I wish S1 has. I stuck with S1, though, but I find it easier to navigate through than Reaper.

Top Bottom