What's new

S+A CYCLES - 10/10 Music Tech review

Man, this thing is just amazing! Granular synthesis in itself is nearly limitless but this library takes it even further. A truly grand achievement. The interface is very intuitive but sometimes I am forgetting some “hidden” options. A nice PDF manual would be really nice. :)

Can any other owners confirm that you seem to need the full version of Kontakt 6 to use the user import functionality?
Yes apologies Rufus, you’ll need to use the full version of Kontakt to use the user patch properly until NI Kontakt team are back from NAMM to encode the player version.

It works in full k6 but, if you get in touch on [email protected] we can give you an update to try that should get it to work on player.

As the possibility to import my own samples is crucial for my decision to buy Cycles, I‘d like to ask: Will I be able to use the import function in Kontakt Player after an update has been encoded by NI? Is there a risk that it won‘t work and that I‘ll be left with the instrument as it is now?

Thanks for a clarification.

As the possibility to import my own samples is crucial for my decision to buy Cycles, I‘d like to ask: Will I be able to use the import function in Kontakt Player after an update has been encoded by NI? Is there a risk that it won‘t work and that I‘ll be left with the instrument as it is now?

Thanks for a clarification.

Hey, drag + drop samples is a native feature to Kontakt (and Kontakt Player), so no there shouldn't be any issues once encoded.

Not sure how I missed this release, love Auras!

started a thread on sample talk asking for new sound design tools, and was wondering how this compares to Straylight? Anyone got both?

Wow, this is just so inspiring. A little nervous about the CPU hit in a bigger project, but I’ll make it work! Thanks @slateandash for an amazing library!

Not sure how I missed this release, love Auras!

started a thread on sample talk asking for new sound design tools, and was wondering how this compares to Straylight? Anyone got both?
I would say they are a bit different sonically. But what the developers at Slate and Ash are doing is in my opinion much much superior. They at the very edge of innovation in terms of both tech and sound. And what they do is very artistic also, not just innovative for the sake of it. I have not bought straylight, but I will be buying Cycles for sure. The level of integrity of Slate and Ash is hard to match. I really love the Auras lib they released before. And Cycles looks to be as innovative as Auras was, but yet in a new direction, quite apart from Auras. I can't wait to try Cycles.

I’ve got both Cycles & Straylight. They’re both quite different in terms of their sound me, Cycles is more electronic/modular based whilst there are some organic bowed sounds whereas Straylight is a bit more industrial with scrapes etc. So their functions are nearly the same just different sounding

I would say they are a bit different sonically. But what the developers at Slate and Ash are doing is in my opinion much much superior. They at the very edge of innovation in terms of both tech and sound. And what they do is very artistic also, not just innovative for the sake of it. I have not bought straylight, but I will be buying Cycles for sure. The level of integrity of Slate and Ash is hard to match. I really love the Auras lib they released before. And Cycles looks to be as innovative as Auras was, but yet in a new direction, quite apart from Auras. I can't wait to try Cycles.
Thank you for the kind words!

Top Bottom