What's new

S+A CYCLES - 10/10 Music Tech review

It’s Kontakt 6 but Player compatible so no need to own K6

thanx. don't want to upgrade, if I buy somehing (very limited budget), it's your stuff.. but then I would be limited to what extent ? only 20 minutes working in a row is that it with player ? and is it possible the have kontakt player 6 along full kontakt 5 ?

thanx. don't want to upgrade, if I buy somehing (very limited budget), it's your stuff.. but then I would be limited to what extent ? only 20 minutes working in a row is that it with player ? and is it possible the have kontakt player 6 along full kontakt 5 ?
If it's a Kontakt player library then you can just use it without full Kontakt, and it will show up in the library area of Kontakt. You can have full Kontakt 5 and Kontakt Player 6 together, no problem.

If it's a Kontakt player library then you can just use it without full Kontakt, and it will show up in the library area of Kontakt. You can have full Kontakt 5 and Kontakt Player 6 together, no problem.

thanks a lot, great news !

If I understood well on NI site, no limitation unless you used some specific functions of Kontakt.
I guess it doesn't mean functions the S+A library would use right ?

If I understood well on NI site, no limitation unless you used some specific functions of Kontakt.
You just lose some under the hood editing ability. Everything that Slate+Ash intends should work.

Thanks so much ! can't wait to know more about the new S+A tool ! hopefully in my price range (as a xmas present)

Can we expect any release news from this week? :)

You know that thing when you move house and you think you've moved everything but actually there's all the little bits of random tat and loose ends you need to tie up and it takes about as long to move that final 2% as it did to move the other.

Yeah, that.

Its really really close, and will be with NI in the next few days. Then it depends a little on how long it takes for encoding.

As @D Halgren says, there should be no limitations on your use of CYCLES, you just get restricted from using under the hood stuff in the Player version of Kontakt.

You know that thing when you move house and you think you've moved everything but actually there's all the little bits of random tat and loose ends you need to tie up and it takes about as long to move that final 2% as it did to move the other.

Yeah, that.

Its really really close, and will be with NI in the next few days. Then it depends a little on how long it takes for encoding.

As @D Halgren says, there should be no limitations on your use of CYCLES, you just get restricted from using under the hood stuff in the Player version of Kontakt.

No worries it’ll sure be worth the wait 😁

Yeah, that.

ahah, well, it happened that I've JUST been there

Great ! you make great looking hoods, no need for me to go under it

Top Bottom