What's new

RvB - The Unfolding Sun Sample Library For Full Kontakt 6

rvb

Hi everybody!

I am very happy to announce my first very own Sample Library for NI's Full Kontakt 6.2 called
The Unfolding Sun!

As a huge Sample Library addict, it was only a matter of time before I had to develop one myself, it took me over 4 months full time to record, edit and code everything properly and couldn't be happier with the results.

The concept for this library started about five months ago when one or two listeners showed their appreciation for my track called 'Setting A Mood', which then got me thinking why there was not exactly a particular sample library that had these ambient experimental articulations of bass guitars, acoustic guitars, slide guitars, electronic guitars, ukelele's, mandolins with the more indie/western/desert vibe to it!
I started recording all these different playing styles on guitars and then tried to edit it so that when you crossfade the Modwheel another player (for example a mandolin player, or ukelele or slide) comes gradually in whilst the dynamics change slightly as well. After some trial and error, I realized it was really fun to play chords with these types of patches and so the sheer amount of work on this library started. Learning how to code and record everything as good as possible has been a learning process, but well worth it every time a fun patch to play around with came about! And to be able to finally release it now is very exciting!

The Unfolding Sun is now available with the introductory price 27% off retail price; 109 euro's (Tax Included) and will end on the 3th of July 2020. More Info HERE

Here you can find the walkthroughs;

Acoustics Folder patches;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj6c4lu7c9c&feature=emb_title
Unfolding Folder and Percussion Folder patches;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onSxArkTkao&feature=emb_title

And here are some demo's all using TUS patches;

All information can be found here (such as patchlist and requirements etc.);

I will be working on multiple updates for this primarily this year (and hopefully get a good ribbon mic in the future) to expand it, as a free update for everyone that already owns it!

So whether you need inspiration quickly, your current composition is missing that extra little color or you need to score a Q Tarantinish film quickly, I reckon this library has that vibe.

General Info;
13,1 GB download compressed, 15 GB on hard drive needed.
Recorded at 48000, 24bit
Great variety in Sound Design patches
Unfolding patches slightly premixed for quicker and better results
All Demo's have a limiter on the Masterbus and some EQ and Compression.
Easy and quick install with the Pulse downloader (And are watermarked)
Free Updates for life

Thank you and stay safe!!!

Best regards,
Rob

Last edited:
Wow, this is definitely something different in the so crowded kontakt lib market :).

Hard to remember when I was so much positively surprised to hear something that fresh and new.

Just amazingly listening at the moment but I am sure some questions to come when I wake up of the daydreams imagined by just listening :)

Reactions: rvb
Wow, this is definitely something different in the so crowded kontakt lib market :).

Hard to remember when I was so much positively surprised to hear something that fresh and new.

Just amazingly listening at the moment but I am sure some questions to come when I wake up of the daydreams imagined by just listening :)
I'm hearing some exceptional textures - nice work!

Thank you for the kind words!

Also just another friendly reminder to everyone; this library is not compatible with the Free kontakt Player.
I would kindly advice to double check if you have a license to the Full Kontakt 6 first before purchasing. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi again!

Just wanted to let you know that I've uploaded these two DAWcasts using only The Unfolding Sun patches;

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi everybody,

I just wanted to let you know there are only three days left before the introductory price ends of The Unfolding Sun!

So far I have had some great feedback in my inbox and I really want to share some of them with you because of my excitement;

'Holy shit, excuse my French. So far I only managed to play the first 5 patches as 2 of these already ended up in 2 cues I were writing. I don’t know how you did it but this a sonic goldmine.'

'This is an amazing library. Great job. It covers a lot of elements I'm missing in fast mockup soundtrack stuff.'

'Congrats for the talent infused into the library.'

'It is so beautiful and unique.'

For privacy reasons the feedback quoted from customers are kept anonymous.

Last edited:
Thanks for developing such an inspiring, interesting library. Grabbed it - and can't wait to download later in the week / start to play with it.

(BTW : Your website isn't displaying well - I'm on a mac, 10.13 using chrome. Lots of "content can't be loaded" messages, as well as "stock photo" placeholders. But doesn't matter - was still easy to purchase, and your videos were all very helpful!)

Thanks for developing such an inspiring, interesting library. Grabbed it - and can't wait to download later in the week / start to play with it.

(BTW : Your website isn't displaying well - I'm on a mac, 10.13 using chrome. Lots of "content can't be loaded" messages, as well as "stock photo" placeholders. But doesn't matter - was still easy to purchase, and your videos were all very helpful!)

Hi! Thank you for your purchase and the kind words!

And thanks for letting me know about the website, at the moment I can't seem to replicate that error, it might have something to do with the internet still loading the website and in the meantime giving a content missing error until everything is properly loaded, either way will look into it tomorrow more closely and see what I can do!

Best regards,
Rob

And thanks for letting me know about the website, at the moment I can't seem to replicate that error, it might have something to do with the internet still loading the website and in the meantime giving a content missing error until everything is properly loaded, either way will look into it tomorrow more closely and see what I can do!

Best regards,
Rob
If I get the time tomorrow, I'll take some screenshots of what I see. Just send me a DM if you want more info. Won't happen tonight, but some time might open up tomorrow.

Best regards,
Rob

Hi Rob - this looks like a tremendous package and I would love to purchase it.

However currently the link to the product page it is being listed as 149 euros, and not 109?

1593346118775.png

According to your initial post, I got the impression it would be 109 euros until 29 June (tomorrow)?

Any chance of providing a link to purchase it for the intro price still?

Cheers and great job with this - the walkthroughs sound incredible!

Hi!

Yes, when you add to cart the discount will automatically be applied!
My apologies for the confusion!

Also I've received two e-mails today with a request for a possible extend of the introductory price, so I have decided to leave the discount price up until upcoming Friday the 3th of July!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi again!

I'm very happy to announce that the amazing Dirk Ehlert will do a hands on stream of The Unfolding Sun today (wednesday) at 11:00 PDT, this will include a free giveaway, so if you would like to have a chance to win a free copy of the library all you'll need to do is post a comment during the stream on facebook.

Just saw Dirks Video and the library sounds amazing and unique. Congrats - great skills in playing, recording and being creative! :) Some presets causes a heavy cpu-load on dirks high-end-pc - some go into the "red" so it crackles. Do you know about that and will you optimize these patches in near future?

Just saw Dirks Video and the library sounds amazing and unique. Congrats - great skills in playing, recording and being creative! :) Some presets causes a heavy cpu-load on dirks high-end-pc - some go into the "red" so it crackles. Do you know about that and will you optimize these patches in near future?

Hi Sunny,

Thank you, yes, I am aware of the heavy CPU of some of the Timed patches and Oct+Rev patches, and this will definitely be addressed in the update, unable to tell how much I am going to be able to minimise it though, but have a couple ideas how to do it.
This update I am working on will also include snapshots and fresh recordings of new patches as well, and aiming for release within 3 months.
For now I recommend the bounce to audio function on the instruments where needed, hope that helps.

Best regards,
Rob

Top Bottom