What's new

Royalties and youtube

No i haven't checked Warner Chappel, is it fairly straightforward how figuring out how to do that ?or do they make u jump through hoops?

No i haven't checked Warner Chappel, is it fairly straightforward how figuring out how to do that ?or do they make u jump through hoops?
I just searched their catalogue for you with Alex’s name and pseudonyms. There’s nothing on there under those names.

If you have seen the ownership chain which doesn’t include you registered on the PRO’s sites you can then contact those owners.

I just came into an agreement with Identify ( who is like ADREV)
But prior to that the song (under my original title) was registered with my SOCAN by me in 2011
and 100 % of publishing and composing rights were legally mine
If you could please forward this to 2min 30sec, I talk about the papers and performing rights with the screenshots of my PRO showing ownership, the problem is, that I Convinced Adrev by shoving them that video. I don't know what name the thief retitled my song to, I can partially "poke in the dark" on scans Repertoire page, but Alex Khaskin (the composer who stole my song, ill just refer to him as Alex from now) renamed my song "funny walk" to " Funny Walk-14157" " cookie walk" "walking funny" "Silly walk" "silly walk -141517 ""cooky wak" etc..many other manes I'm assuming in order to confuse... I don't see any other reasons..so I'm stumped as to how to figure out the details.

I also found one version where under the youtube video it says the right belongs to
(on behalf of Salieri Music (Salieri Music Is the company that belongs to Alex Khaskin )); PEDL, Warner Chappell, AdRev Publishing, SODRAC, and 6 Music Rights Societies

These pages are just to prove that i own 100% of the rights to the titles I AM AWARE OF. I don't even know many different names Alex Khaskin or someone else may have given it

lalala cooky lala.JPG
Was it difficult setting up your own publishing company?

Ilya, stop lying and discredit my name . It is you who is a thief . Because of Covid 19 you are out work in Russian night club and now you are trying to find a way how to make money elsewhere . First of all you dont have multi tracks of any of my songs cause they are disappeared with old PC . Second , Funny walk was composed by me and the reason why you are in the first time even able to sue German singer is because i found out and gave you the link . ....but , all the music that we are talking about was composed way prior you been fired by me before you became mentally unstable . I gave you a lot of tracks in early 200 till i fire you so that you could make enough money for a living , but only for royalty free stuff ...at the time none of us new that YouTube will have watermarked program . Then i fired you because of you were acting weird . You were my sound designer , not a composer . Even if your life depends on it you wouldn't be able to find middle C . I keep you at my side for many years and gave you possibility to learn a craft of sound designer , but then something happened to you and you became unstable ....was it mental illness , drugs or something else ? ...but you screw up deadline with one of my major producers and i had to let you go . Since then because of your strange behavior you lost every job that you ever been involved . You been fired from the club as a singer and basically lost your income .
You have been calling me since then and asking me to hire you again , but i cant do that because you are not trustworthy . So ,now , instead of appreciate for how many years i helping you to make a living you decided to go after me yet another way by claiming that music is yours ....how much money you made just because i allow you to sell my music on Royalty free websites ? how much money you made
by working with me and getting credit for nothing ? Even when you were sick i spend more then 5000 dollars to buys you a new furniture .....stop lying and using cleverly facts that have nothing to do with your ownership of my songs .....this time i will fight you on every lie your mouth produce

Your ex friend , Alex

FhNwlGG.gif

They asked me to film a video showing individual stems of the multitrack work file of song in question, and after they were satisfied with my evidence they sent me an email congratulating me on joining their company.

here is a lie .....

Song​

Cocky Walk without singing-14157

Artist​

Alex Khaskin

Album​

Salieri Music

Licensed to YouTube by​

(on behalf of Salieri Music (Salieri Music)); BMI - Broadcast Music Inc.
SHOW LESS

I think I contacted BMI seven months ago asking them the same exact question and they clearly stated they don't pay royalties for YT plays or views. Only for public performances. But let me search for that email and quote their reply correctly.

I think I contacted BMI seven months ago asking them the same exact question and they clearly stated they don't pay royalties for YT plays or views. Only for public performances. But let me search for that email and quote their reply correctly.
Sorry! can't find it but I remember properly they told me what I just mentioned.

:shocked: It is super confusing, but I think anything on Youtube counts as streaming which would be "mechanical" royalties and BMI only collects "performance" royalties.

If there is a song that has not gone through a digital distributor like Tunecore, Distrokid, etc., and was only used specifically for Youtube content, then the only revenue generated from that will be from the monetization of the video.

You could sign up to Songtrust if you don't have a digital distributor or I also just learned about themlc.com If your songs are registered with a PRO, the MLC will keep data of your songs and see if there are any "mechanical" royalties that are owed to you that you have not been able to receive through a distributor. So I think it's worth it for everyone who might be confused, such as myself, to sign up to the MLC and input your song's data if it's not already in the database. Just to be double sure you are not missing out on any mechanical royalties considering there are so many outlets now where music gets used and played! Also, it's free to sign up and they have a public search at the top of the website where you can see if your songs are already in their database. Mine were not since I just barely registered with BMI, but I'm going to sign up to MLC so I don't miss out on any $$

Yes, your videos has to be published through a distributer/ aggregator company. They then register the video properly and YouTube will pay them. I know of a UK music library that reportedly makes more than 100.000£/year on their videos on YT alone. It can become quite substantial if you do it right, but doing it right is also the hard part..

Anyone know about those aggregator services (pond5, taxi etc) and if you sell through them you can also do the Distrokid thing and get royalties this way?

Basically upload to distrokid and have the content ID done. Then place that track in all these different aggregator services and if someone uses my kids song track into their kids video and gets millions of views.. do i get part of that or does youtube just gives a copyright strike to the video uploader for using my track? Or do they have an opotion to share ONLY the music/part of their royalties?

RE PRS:

I have tracks that were published and licensed with a Library company that earn me royalties from YouTube.
It started last year. My last last three PRS quarterly distributions have YouTube payments included.
I have not really been following the PRS YouTube saga, because I thought it might be a waste of time. But, I presume PRS have come to some kind of deal with YouTube recently?

Here is the breakdown of the payment I received for one individual track:

Attachments

• prs 2.JPG
    prs 2.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 18
  • PRS 1.JPG
    PRS 1.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I have not really been following the PRS YouTube saga, because I thought it might be a waste of time. But, I presume PRS have come to some kind of deal with YouTube recently?
Sorry but by saying PRS, did you mean PRO?! What PRO are you a member of? According to BMI, they don't pay for YT streaming.

Sorry but by saying PRS, did you mean PRO?! What PRO are you a member of? According to BMI, they don't pay for YT streaming.
PRS = 'Performing Rights Society' (UK).
I'm UK based, so my apologies, I really have no idea what BMI do, or do not, distribute royalties for.

Regarding YouTube:
As taken from my last quarterly statement (screenshots above), it shows what amount that particular track received.
(I actually had several tracks receiving varying amounts).

PRS:
https://www.prsformusic.com/
Where PRS and MPCS collect royalties from:

PRS position on their YouTube agreement, although a little complicated:
https://www.prsformusic.com/help/what-rights-are-covered-by-the-youtube-licence
What PRS & MCPS are all about. The two societies now work together under the umbrella of “The Music Alliance”.
https://www.prsformusic.com/what-we-do/prs-and-mcps

Sorry, I should have been more clearer in my original post.
As we know, these different PRO's across different countries all work in different ways with different agreements.

:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom