Romantic symphony - Drama spinoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanuj Tiku

I'd be curious if everyone in this thread, if they'd have to say what they wrote face to face with the person concerned, including William, would they express themselves the same way?
Guy, I would! He is the reason I departed from the VSL forum many years ago. He may be a fine composer but his insults were a bit too much for me. There was a personal incident and the VSL moderators did nothing about it. He was way over the line.

That was years ago and today I am seeing this thread. So, I am not sure you understand his behaviour as well as you claim to.

You are a great composer, Piet is a great composer and may be William is too. That is all besides the point. Don't you see that?

Perhaps, you are his friend and have a history from the forum but I do not and I suspect many others don't either.

The music has been taken down as well. So....

Guy, I would! He is the reason I departed from the VSL forum many years ago. He may be a fine composer but his insults were a bit too much for me. There was a personal incident and the VSL moderators did nothing about it. He was way over the line.

That was years ago and today I am seeing this thread. So, I am not sure you understand his behaviour as well as you claim to.

You are a great composer, Piet is a great composer and may be William is too. That is all besides the point. Don't you see that?

Perhaps, you are his friend and have a history from the forum but I do not and I suspect many others don't either.

The music has been taken down as well. So....
I was not going to respond, but I just have to because this last post is a total distortion: Tanuj is the person who said on that thread and I quote "I will kick your sorry ass." I remember that. So he was not exactly a paragon of virtue himself though I notice he left that out.

But don't bother responding - I am so out of here. I won't be seeing any of your devastating replies. This is a total waste of time.

Last edited:
OP
Tanuj Tiku

Tanuj Tiku

I was not going to respond, but I just have to because this last post is a total distortion: Tanuj is the person who said on that thread and I quote "I will kick your sorry ass." I remember that. So he was not exactly a paragon of virtue himself though I notice he left that out.

But don't bother responding - I am so out of here. I won't be seeing any of your devastating replies. This is a total waste of time.
Sorry, VI-C - I think this may well be my first 'Drama Zone' experience in 11 years since I have been on this forum. It has been many years now but perhaps I can shed some light on the matter.

William, I exited the VSL forum years ago and I think all my posts are gone. However, I do have a transcript of everything I posted on e-mail. I could check but I do not believe I said anything to that effect.

You on the other hand ridiculed my project and used abusive language. For the life of me, I do not know why VSL never stepped in.

In any case, if anyone must know, I launched a 'Young Composer's Music Competition', a few years ago in honour of John William's birthday.

I raised $1,500 on a funding website and Sacha Knorr of OT fame, won. Daryl and Mike Verta were the judges. The rules were developed by them and total anonymity was maintained. Nobody knew who had composed what. I did not take part in anything, except setting it up, raising the funds and announcing the winners. Neither me, nor the judges took any money. Only, the Paypal transaction fee was cut. I donated some money myself. It was all very transparent.

Matt Bowdler from The Unfinished also offered a free library to the winner.

For some reason, William and a gentleman by the name Paul, started ridiculing my efforts and used abusive language on the VSL forum. My guess is because they were not the appropriate age to enter.

The idea was to raise some money for talented people who were starting out.

There is no distortion here. I have the transcripts.

OP
Tanuj Tiku

Tanuj Tiku

Sorry, VI-C - I think this may well be my first 'Drama Zone' experience in 11 years since I have been on this forum. It has been many years now but perhaps I can shed some light on the matter.

William, I exited the VSL forum years ago and I think all my posts are gone. However, I do have a transcript of everything I posted on e-mail. I could check but I do not believe I said anything to that effect.

You on the other hand ridiculed my project and used abusive language. For the life of me, I do not know why VSL never stepped in.

In any case, if anyone must know, I launched a 'Young Composer's Music Competition', a few years ago in honour of John William's birthday.

I raised $1,500 on a funding website and Sacha Knorr of OT fame, won. Daryl and Mike Verta were the judges. The rules were developed by them and total anonymity was maintained. Nobody knew who had composed what. I did not take part in anything, except setting it up, raising the funds and announcing the winners. Neither me, nor the judges took any money. Only, the Paypal transaction fee was cut. I donated some money myself. It was all very transparent.

Matt Bowdler from The Unfinished also offered a free library to the winner.

For some reason, William and a gentleman by the name Paul, started ridiculing my efforts and used abusive language on the VSL forum. My guess is because they were not the appropriate age to enter.

The idea was to raise some money for talented people who were starting out.

There is no distortion here. I have the transcripts.
EDIT:

I checked my transcript, William is right about one thing:

This is what I wrote:

And please dont use abusive language. Behave yourself.

And if you have a problem, please start another thread or try to come down to Mumbai and get your sorry ass kicked.
I stand by that, after the ridicule that was thrown at me and for the interest of this thread and for William, I will say no more. I know what happened, don't need any proof. I have it.

EDIT:

I checked my transcript, William is right about one thing:

This is what I wrote:

I stand by that, after the ridicule that was thrown at me and for the interest of this thread and for William, I will say no more. I know what happened, don't need any proof. I have it.
This is a total lie. This guy said to me, on the VSL forum, "if you ever come to Mumbai I will kick your sorry ass." He now denies that. He is lying.

Why would I make that up? Why would I care? On the VSL Forum he posted an ad for a "young composer" contest. I was irritated by "young composer" contests. So I posted something to the effect - "why is it always young composers who don't need help. It is old ones who are out of college and on their own and totally fucked that need the help." Or something to that effect. A bit overdone, yet, but this guy Tanuj or Vibrato or whatever he called himself gets pissed off and say "if you ever come to Mumbai I will kick your sorry ass." That is a quote, regardless of whether he says he has a "transcript" - ha-ha! That is funny. What the fuck is an internet "transcript"? Totally bullshit.

You know something Vi Control? Don't delete my account. I am going to take on any asshole who tries to fuck me over. It will provide you with some advertising dollars, right?

No such thing as bad publicity, right? "Yes..." thought Nick Batzdorf.

btw - the "Naked Iron Fist." That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Oh no!

Last edited:
Oh, I'm so sorry! I mistakenly deleted the link to the composition that both Rowy and Piet Naked Iron Fist wish - so bad - they had composed...

by the way Tanuj,

I never wanted you to leave the VSL Forum. I thought your music was really good and you had many interesting posts. I never wanted you to stop, I was just irritated by that one thing with "young composers." That is an instant red flag to me. Shouldn't be, I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.