Roland Cloud, is it worth it?

stigc56

Hi
Doing a lot of recordings for musicals from the 80 - 90, and the original stage recordings often has a Roland D50, Juno 60 or Jupiter 8 quite prominent in the sound.
Being an old guy myself I have been in the business when all these Wonderfull synths was released. I sold my copies long time ago, but now there is Roland Cloud!
A lot of Rolands famous synths! But it's a subscription service! And I prefer to own!!!!
It's quite expensive AND I just realized that I can only have 5 different synths activated at the time!
But is there an alternative??
Would you do it?
Is there an alternative, a soundlib for Zebra or??

Dewdman42

The Juno and Jupiter are easily replicated with many other synths out there including actual clones. The d50 is a different story because of the pcm samples involved. If you need some signature d50 sounds I don’t think you will get it any other way then Roland cloud.

STec

Wow, I didn’t know you could only activate only 5 synths at a time, what a scam!

What I would do in your place is just try it. They have 30 days trial no credit card needed.

Si_Withenshaw

It's quite expensive AND I just realized that I can only have 5 different synths activated at the time!
Hi, I think you may have misunderstood this - you can activate 5 computers/laptops etc. at any one time. You get access to all the synths & other content.

whinecellar

Jim Daneker
It is a tad on the pricy side, but more than fair when you look at everything you get - and they keep adding to it. It really is an anthology of almost all of Roland‘s greatest hits of the last 40 years or so - even down to the SRX expansion boards. It’s a ridiculous amount of stuff, and most of the “ACB” synth models (Jupiter 8, Juno 106, System 100, etc.) are so spot-on it’s ridiculous.