What's new

RME Fireface UC Issue

patrick76

Has anyone experienced an issue with the RME Fireface UC where when switching the power switch on the unit there is a noticeable delay before the unit powers up? I have recently bought a "demo" of this unit from Sweetwater and have just noticed that sometimes when I use the power toggle switch on the back of the unit it powers up instantaneously, but other times it takes maybe a second or more before anything happens and I'm worried about why that is happening. Thanks.

What exactly do you mean with power up: does it take a few seconds till the lights are starting to turn on or does it take a few seconds untill the the host-connection is established? The last one could also be software/driver related. I have an old FireFace 800 and it always takes about 3-4 seconds till all connections established.

I have the UFX II, can't directly help. My interface needs 2-3 seconds after I turn it on to initialize.
Thank you. That makes me feel a bit better. Perhaps this delay is not unusual and it is not an issue to be concerned with. What made me question it, is that the delay does not occur all the time. Strange.

What exactly do you mean with power up: does it take a few seconds till the lights are starting to turn on or does it take a few seconds untill the the host-connection is established? The last one could also be software/driver related. I have an old FireFace 800 and it always takes about 3-4 seconds till all connections established.
There is a delay until the lights are starting to turn on. I honestly don't think I would have thought about it as a problem if the delay was consistent. What worries me is that sometimes there is a delay and sometimes there is not... sometimes the lights turn on immediately. Thanks. Do the lights on your Fireface always turn on immediately when you turn the unit on?

Do the lights on your Fireface always turn on immediately when you turn the unit on?

Yes, the lights on my FireFace are always turning on more or less immediately. This seems indeed a little strange. I know this sounds stupid, but have you tried to move the power cable a little? Maybe there is an issue with the contacts inside of the audio interface. Or press the power button a little bit harder to see if there is a problem with the contacts inside.
Overall I think it can't harm to drop a line to the RME support in this case. Maybe they know if this is a common issue on certain devices.

Yes, the lights on my FireFace are always turning on more or less immediately. This seems indeed a little strange. I know this sounds stupid, but have you tried to move the power cable a little? Maybe there is an issue with the contacts inside of the audio interface. Or press the power button a little bit harder to see if there is a problem with the contacts inside.
Overall I think it can't harm to drop a line to the RME support in this case. Maybe they know if this is a common issue on certain devices.
I've just sent RME an email about the situation. Thanks again.

Top Bottom