What's new

RIP Johann Johannsson

Oh no. This is VERY sad news.
Loved his work, so beautiful.

Thoughts and prayers for his friends and family.

WTF! Quite devastated! I really think he and Desplat are my two favorites.

I hope it has nothing to do with the BR 2049 fiasco or I'm going to be writing letters including, well I won't mention it right now.

F!

Last edited:
We can only speculate as to the cause of his death.
But so far, no one close to him, his agent included, has mentioned it.
Which makes me think that it may not be due to illness or natural causes.
This business is so ruthless and hard on the soul...

I have some thoughts I'm keeping close to the vest right now, if they turn out to be true I may never forgive certain individuals or the industry in general.

Some people on reddit are saying it was a heart attack. He seemed like a strong willed person, I would be double shocked if it wasn't a random health issue.

One of my absolute favorites. You know how some composers just seem to get you? Like, your specific aesthetic, you both seem to feel certain emotional colors in the same shade, etc? He was one of those for me. Brilliant artist who spoke deeply to me, regardless of the project for which he was writing.

What a loss. Man. I hope his family is as okay as they can be during a situation such as this.

Really in shock - quite young, 48! This business is ruthless indeed - no matter the reason, there is so much streess involved... RIP!

Stunned. He was such a talent. One of the few who really lived & breathed at the edges of music and made it acceptable for many. But worst of all he has left behind a daughter. Thoughts & condolences are with her.

Very shocked to hear the sad news. I'm a big fan of Johann Johannsson, at 48 years old, he was way too young.

Peace be upon him.

Top Bottom