Riot Audio has released BOWED GUITAR CLOUDS, a simple but powerful Kontakt virtual instrument for cinematic morphing pad sounds. Centred on recordings of bowed guitars, is the follow-up to the hugely successful Bowed Glass Clouds and will be available for £29 (regular price £49) until September 11th 2019.
BOWED GUITAR CLOUDS is built on Riot Audio's proprietary CLOUDS engine which contains an individually adjustable three-octave spread and two main layers (A & B) with two sublayers each. It uses Kontakt's AET Filter technology and equal power crossfading to morph between these different layers. There is a resulting total of 12 layers that can be morphed, blended and automated to create a wide variety of complex, evolving textures.
- Multi-layer morphing pad instrument running in Kontakt 5.8 and above (full version only).
- Instant rich, organic evolving pad textures.
- Source instruments include:
- Bowed hollowbody electric guitar
- Bowed semi-acoustic bass
- Bowed steel-string acoustic guitar
- Bowed Portuguese steel-string ukulele (Braguinha)
- Sampled instruments (Bowed & Ebow): Italia Mondial semi-acoustic bass, Höfner Verythin Contemporary hollowbody electric guitar, Braguinha (Portoguese steel-string ukulele), steel string acoustic guitar
- Microphones used: Royer R10 Ribbon, Sontronics Orpheus Condenser, DI through Blackstar valve guitar amplifier
- 12 layers of sound in each instrument: A/B layers with two sublayers each and a 3 octave spread
- 40 presets (snapshots) in total
- Lexicon Reverb Modelling
- Based on Riot Audio’s proprietary CLOUDS engine using Kontakts AET Filter morphing capabilities
- Total size of sampled content: 1.26 GB