What's new

Rey's Theme - Mockup (1st minute)

Sounds great to my (untrained) ear! One of the more memorable things from that movie, in my opinion. Wondering what reverb you used?

Just one thing: there's a bit of hissy/static-y harshness to the strings... I've also noticed it on Spitfire Studio Strings and tend to filter it out. I don't listen to a whole lot of orchestral music, but I never notice it on real recordings. Am I crazy or do you hear it too?

This is my mockup of the first minute of Rey's Theme. Usually I use virtual orchestra instruments only for my own compositions, so this is my first mockup.

Cinematic Studio Strings, Cinematic studio Brasses, Orchestral Tools Woodwinds and Percusion, Master Solo Woodwinds.

To my ears, maybe a bit too much reverb. It feels a bit too "full" with reverb, if that makes sens. As if it's underwater. Tough to explain. The other thing is I think the brass can be louder across the board. In the original recording, the dissonance in the horns is really brought out, and it's one of my favorite aspects of the piece as well as the way it was recorded.

Sounds excellent! I actually think that the amount of reverb is fine for the most part, but it could be brought done a little for woodwinds and harp.

Top Bottom