Revolution-CRE8 by Sample Fuel

Discussion in 'SAMPLE Talk' started by Craig Sharmat, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Just purchased seems pretty cool (have not spent a ton of time with it yet). I have Rev but this feels more usable and sits in the tracks I tried quite nicely.
    I have championed Sample Fuel before because Danny Lux is the creator and that's a pretty substantial composer now developing.

https://www.samplefuel.com

Sample Fuel, Ian Dorsch and sostenuto like this.
  2. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Reassuring to see your early post. I have all previous Sample Fuel releases and very pleased so far.
    Their responsiveness to many inquires has been outstanding ++. (no issues; simply my ignorance)

SF_REVOLUTION looks to be a powerful tool at very reasonable cost.
    My creative skills are stunted …. so I hope to see much more as you, and others, explore further. :thumbsup:

3. Sample Fuel

Sample Fuel Senior Member

Apr 21, 2018

Thanks for the kind words Craig.... these links are posted in the anouncement thread but probably more eyeballs here. These are good walk-thru/tutorials of 2 of the demo tracks on the site....here you go....

4. Sample Fuel

Apr 21, 2018
  5. alanb

alanb Senior Member

Jul 11, 2006
    Do I understand correctly that we can only create sounds based upon the source material provided by SampleFuel?

Can we also use Revolution-CRE8 as a VST effect and play our own instruments, live, through it?

I'm thinking of the way that I can load, e.g., Arturia's 'Modular V3' onto a track and play it 'regularly' as a synth, or I can load 'Modular 2 Efx' onto a track and route the output of a different track (perhaps one with a live mic/guitar/bass) into it and use it, as a filter/effect . . .

. . . and, if not, what is the likelihood that such functionality would be forthcoming? I'd think that we could a lot more with this than with a simple 'reverse delay' patch taken from elsewhere.......???

:)

sostenuto likes this.
  6. Sample Fuel

Apr 21, 2018
    The reason this instrument works in terms of a real-time phrase creation tool is mostly because of the way the multi velocity repeating notes were performed and with different note values in their performances. So dropping in your own samples would not necessarily give you similar results. We offer the Free Drop-CRE8 instrument that utilizes almost the identical engine minus a few lfo's etc.... But you can use that instrument to drop your own samples into the CRE8 Engine and reverse them. It would be virtually identical if Revolution allowed you to drop the samples in there.

In terms of using the engine as an effects plugin..... That is beyond what Steinberg provides us and also their flagship HALion product does not allow that at this point. It could be possible in the future if Steinberg added that capability like they have done with one of their other synths. So it is not up to us but if Steinberg ever implements that feature into the player engine then in theory it would probably work on our instruments.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    alanb likes this.
  7. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    Personally frustrating after reading this _ (I have watched SF videos & will repeat).

This seems to imply something which is clearly not intended: that Free Drop-CRE8 will allow User samples, and reverse them like Revolution (which is not the case).
    SF provides some detailed technical explanation of why, and the salient capabilities of Revolution, but somehow this is not translating to some prospective Buyers /Users. :notworthy:
    My trust in SF is high, and somehow it seems there will be an Aha moment when all becomes clear ….

8. Sample Fuel

Apr 21, 2018
    Quite the contrary actually.....I posted somewhere on the forums that the reason there is no Drag'n Drop feature in REVOLUTION-CRE8 is precisely because just dropping in most samples will NOT yield the same results. That is what I am trying to emphasize when I say how much work and effort it was to make this instrument so it does allow the amazing real-time reverse phrase looping.

If you want to make your own similar sounding samples you can do it in DROP-CRE8 using the sample layer page. Your samples will need to be trimmed perfectly to say 1 bar or 2 bars. On the sample layer page you have to enable the Audio Warp and then set it to beats. From there you can set the note division and how many "beats". The playback mode would then need to be set to "reverse". If your sample is trimmed correctly then you can start to get similar sounds. REVOLUTION-CRE8 was a huge task to get it right. If it was as easy as dropping in any sample to get these sounds then you could do it with almost anything....Kontakt, etc.....but it is not even close to just dropping in the samples. A huge amount of recording, editing, programming,etc....went into making this so user friendly.

9. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    So, are there plans to steadily increase the samples in Revolution ? Will there be Expansions added, at additional cost, which will continue to enhance Revolution's impact ?

10. Sample Fuel

Apr 21, 2018
    No plans to increase the sample content or instruments.....as the Strong Mocha Review said...."....there are alternatives that explore similar areas but this one produces a vibe and tone that I did not hear before. The collection makes pretty much any reverse sound you need. "

We make these instruments for our own composition needs first and foremost. I feel it makes all the reverse sounds that I would need.

The only plan we have moving forward is to release 2 more instruments which will complete what I wanted to make for my own composition needs. After that it will be packaged as a complete scoring package and there will be many new sounds added as we make them through out the next year. There will be new Multi's that will combine patches from all the different instruments...TBD as we work on it. If you own all 6 instruments the re-package and new sounds will be totally free. There will be discounted upgrades,etc....if you own some of the instruments.

Nothing is totally decided as it is quite a ways off at the moment....in the mean time over the next 6 months there will be 2 additional instruments. REVOLUTION-CRE8 was the most intensive project and therefore will have the highest price point. The rest are all priced between $34.99 - $99.99.

11. sostenuto

sostenuto Senior Member

Mar 10, 2017
    St George, UT USA
    THX. If your needs are met, surely I will have no more. :cool:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    Sample Fuel likes this.
  12. Sample Fuel

Apr 21, 2018
    Here's a new REVOLUTION-CRE8 patch Walk-Through Video we just posted.