Review: 8Dio Silka Choir

bfreepro

Infinite Musical Possibilites
This was the most difficult review yet as there is a lot of content to dig through, and I initially was wowed by the arcs. However we gotta take a look at everything included and all the aspects of using this library. Can it hold it's own to justify a $598 price tag AND offer enough content besides the amazing arcs? Check out the full review to see the final score, full details and a demo/impression video!

https://www.bfreemusic.com/news/2018/10/22/review-silka-choir-by-8dio

Next Up: Orchestral Tools TIME Macro

michaelhung

I own 8dio insolidus and I do agree that when silka came out...it seemed like more of the same. The arcs are absolutely gorgeous and was what roped me into buying insolidus. Again they sound amazing and silka’s arcs from the walkthrough videos sounded spectacular. That being said, it didn’t seem to me that silka was different enough to justify having both insolidus and silka

Carlster

This was the most difficult review yet as there is a lot of content to dig through, and I initially was wowed by the arcs. However we gotta take a look at everything included and all the aspects of using this library. Can it hold it's own to justify a $598 price tag AND offer enough content besides the amazing arcs? Check out the full review to see the final score, full details and a demo/impression video!

https://www.bfreemusic.com/news/2018/10/22/review-silka-choir-by-8dio

Next Up: Orchestral Tools TIME Macro
One of the most honest reviews I’ve read in a long time. Thank you.

Robert_G

Is that cake?
The review given is perfectly fair. You buy this library for the arcs. The other articulations have their uses but are limited.

For $598 I would feel I overpaid. But i paid $278 at the current BF sale.....and the arcs alone are worth that price since there is not another lib out there that even comes close to replicating them.

I agree with the 7/10 rating but at $278 this gets a 9/10....providing you havent already got Insolidus. I feel good about this purchase, but to be perfectly honest, I went into this wanting the arcs first and foremost. If your focus isnt the arcs, i dont recommend buying it.

All in all....very happy with Silka.