What's new

Reverb suggestions

jimjazzuk

Hi all,

Currently working on orchestral projects (a la John Williams) with CSS, CSB and True Strike. I'm not finding any of the Reverbs that come with Logic to be very good. Which reverbs would you use in this context?

Space Designer in Logic is pretty flexible! Try to search for some Scoring Stages IR's, though there are definitely some in there already. Depending on your budget, Altiverb is one of my go-to's for that style. Can go from a fairly dry studio, to a massive hall. Plus all the IR's for Post are useful for sound design.

Exponential Audio was recently acquired by Izotope and there's a sale going on right now. I got the crossgrade bundle which includes PhoenixVerb, Nimbus, R4, and Excalibur. No regrets.

i have the libraries you've mentioned and are using them. Percussion i did add in Spitfire Percussion. I'm loving 7th Heaven. Will show you a demo.

Well if we’re making a list of verbs to collect I’ll add Relabs VSR s24. mmmmmmm largewarmhall.

I’m also eyeing off their LX480 having tried the demo. Spaces II also good though I’ve only demoed it so far.

Most 3rd party verb developers offer demos so definitely test them out and find what works for you.

Top Bottom